NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Sep 2021, 07:00 am
Kolkata/NITN: To boost passenger traffic on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (Toy Train), a new service has been introduced recently by the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR), according to media reports.
Called the ‘Jungle Tea Toy-Train Safari’ it will operate between Siliguri junction and Rongtong station, and the return trip will take three hours.
The ‘Jungle Tea Toy-Train Safari’ includes the facilities of a vistadome coach and pulled by a heritage steam engine.
The train will travel through the Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary and some of the tea gardens apart from chugging along some of the scenic countryside of the lower hills.
Passengers will be served complimentary tea at Rongtong station before the train leaves for the return journey to Siliguri.
The operation of the entire route (New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling) was recently restarted after remaining shut for over a year owing to the pandemic.
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway became the second railway in the world to be inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999.
Subsequently, the tag was broadened as the Mountain Railways of India and included the Kalka-Shimla Railway and the Nilgiri Mountain Railway along with the DHR.
- Famous waxwork museum Madame Tussauds Dubai opening in October
- Bangkok and other popular Thai destinations likely to reopen from October 1
- NF Railway launches 'Stream Jungle Tea Safari' to promote tourism in Darjeeling
- Mussoorie restricts number of visitors during weekends, negative RT-PCR report must
- Fully vaccinated Indian tourists to Turkey need no mandatory quarantine
- Abu Dhabi welcomes all vaccinated travellers from across world, lifts quarantine measures
- UT of Ladakh identifies its state animal and bird
- Enjoy Jungle Tea Toy-Train Safari on the world famous DHR
- Meghalaya reopens for fully vaccinated tourists, pre-registration necessary
- Darjeeling Toy Train resumes operation, honoured by UN Postal department
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.