16 Jan 2015, 07:48 am

Organized since 2005, the Grape Escapade 2015 is set to be the best edition this year with wines, haute cuisine and an entertainment extravaganza that will add glamour to the proceedings, Goa Tourism said in a statement.
The festival is being organized by Goa Tourism at the D. B. Bandodkar Grounds, Campal, and Panjim.
Apart from being the only festival of its kind in Goa, the Grape Escapade is also touted to be one of the most popular gourmet festivals till date.
The festival will bring together restaurateurs, hoteliers, wineries and lifestyle brands, all under one roof.
More than 20 wineries will pour wines, while around 15 restaurants and catering companies will offer a range of gourmet food classics, including barbecues, pasta, oriental cuisine and other delicacies. Vegetarian options, chicken, and meat dishes will also be available, as will a bevy of luscious sweet treats.
The festival also adds economic value to Goa every year as it brings together restaurateurs, wineries, and hospitality and lifestyle players and provides business networking opportunities to F&B managers and wine manufacturing units.
The Grape Stomping, which is a tradition at the festival, is a source of much delight and fun for the visitors and is an intrinsic part of the festival this year as well.
Leading wineries, hoteliers and restaurateurs like Diageo Malaya Wines, Bohemia Wine, 4 Season Wine, Shula wines, Chateau Indigo, Howling Wolves, Big Banyan Wine, Mandalavalley Wine, Zampa Wines, N.D. Wines, Nira Valley Wine, Vinsura Wine, Berkmann Wine Cellars India Pvt. Ltd., Vintage Wine, Mums Kitchen, Vasquitos, Bottle Bay, Zeebop and Khanasutra have participated in the Grape Escapade in the past and Goa Tourism is expecting an overwhelming response of participants from the trade and industry to the festival this year as well.
“Last year we had 40,000 participants and visitors during the four-day Grape Escapade and it was an enthralling experience for one and all. We are sure that this year too it will be a success,” said Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar.
Chairman of GTDC, Nilesh Cabral said, “This year the numbers should double in view of the increasing responses received.”
Goa Tourism is expecting an increase in B2B participants between wineries, hoteliers and restaurants as Grape Escapade provides a platform for business and trade partnerships at every edition organized during the last one decade.
Exclusive wine tasting sessions will be conducted on all four days for invitees and wine connoisseurs.
Attractive discounts are also levied upon purchases by visitors to the festival.
This festival gives a platform not only to experts and wine manufacturers but to tourists who throng the venue for the cultural fiesta. This year fashion shows, live music, dance performances are set to mesmerize all visitors.
Crowning of the Grape Escapade Queen 2015 is also a key highlight of the four day festivities and will be held on January 26, 2015.
- Newly launched booking site QuietHotelRooms.com helps travellers sleep better
- Air Canada to begin operations after flight attendants decide to end strike
- Kolkata gets its first direct Metro to airport; PM Modi set to open 3 game changing routes on Aug 22
- Air Canada flights remain grounded as striking union defies order to resume work
- Uber introduces Intercity Motorhomes as it expands to 3,000 routes in India
- High Commission issues advisory for Indians travelling to Malaysia
- Grand Egyptian Museum to open its doors on Nov1
- Aadhaar OTP now mandatory for online Tatkal train bookings
- PM Modi to launch Bengaluru Metro's Yellow Line, new Vande Bharat Express
- IndiGo slapped with heavy fine for providing ‘unhygienic, dirty seat’ to passenger
Air New Zealand has announced plans to host a live inflight concert, ‘SYNTHONY in the Sky’, on Dec 4 aboard Flight NZ1331 from Auckland to Sydney.
Qatar Airways will move its New York operations to The New Terminal One at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in 2026. As part of the relocation, the airline plans to open a 15,000-square-foot lounge, its first dedicated facility in both New York City and the United States.
All Air Canada planes remained grounded late Saturday despite the Canadian government intervening to end a strike called by cabin crew members that resulted in hundreds of flights being cancelled and triggered chaos, media reports said.