NITN | @notintownlive | 15 May 2019
New Delhi, May 15: Israel Ministry of Tourism recently conducted a familiarization trip to Israel for a special women’s only group of travel agents from India.
The week-long hosting from 3rd to 11th April witnessed participation by 12 leading travel companies from Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata. Senior management from Stratos Lifestyles, Signature Breaks, FCM Travel Solutions, Europamundo Vacations, Panache World, Evershine Holidays, Luxury Roots, Vay2Go Travel Pvt. Ltd, Redchilli Holidays Pvt. Ltd, Aspen Vacations, Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd and Skyroutes India Private Ltd explored various sites in Israel.
The group visited Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Akko, Caesarea, Haifa, Dead Sea, Masada and Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee region. Some of the attractions included floating on the Dead Sea, Tel Aviv nightlife tour with a visit to Neve Tzedek neighbourhood, wine tasting experience at Tishbi winery, boat tour on the Sea of Galilee andsound and light show at the Tower of David. The group also toured the reconstructed Roman Theatre and Roman Aqueduct in Caesarea, Baha’i Shrine and Gardens in Haifa, Old City of Jerusalem and the port city of Akko.
Commenting on the FAM, Hassan Madah, Director - Israel Ministry of Tourism, India & Philippines said, “Israel is a dynamic destination with a lot to offer to leisure seekers. We have witnessed an increase in leisure tourism to the country, but what’s interesting is a steady rise in women groups and female solo travellers. The idea was to showcase and promote this aspect to some of the prominent women trade partners in the travel industry with an aim to bolster interest among female traveller segment of the country”.
- India records over 5000 COVID-19 cases on a single day, death toll now stands at 3029
- Zimbabwe's COVID-19 cases climb to 46
- Iran reports 2,294 new COVID-19 cases, 122,492 in total
- COVID-19 cases in Nepal cross 300 mark
- Bangladesh reports 21 COVID-19 deaths, 1602 new cases in last 24 hrs
- Slovenia becomes the first European country to call off COVID-19 pandemic
- Turkey launches “Healthy Tourism Certification” programme
- Pakistan ranks 19th in COVID-19 infected list
- World Tourism comes to a halt as 100% of countries impose travel restrictions
- World Tourism Organisation underscores tourism's important for Covid-19 recovery
New Delhi/NITN: In its endeavour to provide support to the nation, leading carrier IndiGo is collaborating with the Indian Meteorological Department by providing crucial aircraft data on wind, humidity and temperature relayed by the aircraft sensors.
Ottawa/NITN: Collapsing of the aviation industry, due to the coronavirus outbreak, forced Air Canada to slash its workforce by 50 to 60 per cent effective June 7, a memo by the company sent to all its employees said.
Gaya: THAI Smile Airways, a Thai low-cost regional airline, on Saturday (May 13) flew 129 people, including 82 Buddhist monks, from the Buddhist holy site of Gaya in eastern India's Bihar to Bangkok in Thailand.