Not In Town | @notintownlive | 05 Sep 2019
Mumbai: Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) participated in the Global Panorama Showcase 2019 (GPS), a premier business networking event in order to reach out to tour operators beyond metro cities of India.
Out of eight cities where the event took place, this year STB shortlisted Hyderabad, Lucknow and Kolkata to educate and network with the travel trade.
Commenting on this trade event, Lubaina Sheerazi, COO, Blue Square Consultants, Seychelles Tourist Office India said, “This year Seychelles Tourism Board conducted various workshops across India, however, participating in GPS helped widen our base of interaction with agents from tier II and tier III cities that have the potential and interest in Seychelles.
While we have reached out to around 200 agents in each city through this event, it has also helped us understand the nuances of these regions, their specific requirements and the destination’s image in these cities.”
- International Rhino Foundation awards emergency grant for tourism economy and rhinos in Southern Africa
- COVID-19: Tourists to be allowed to enter J&K UT from July 14, guidelines released
- World Travel and Tourism Council declares Jordan a safe destination
- UNWTO names Giorgio Armani and Gino Sorbillo Special Ambassadors for Tourism
- Turkey resumes tourism and international flights
- Sri Lanka Tourism opens for international tourists from Aug 1
- Hospitality in the time of a pandemic
- World slowly starts travelling again: UN Tourism Organization
- Sarovar Hotels and Resorts implements touchless service and other protocols for post pandemic opening
- India records over 5000 COVID-19 cases on a single day, death toll now stands at 3029
New Delhi/NITN: Indian airline GoAir has clocked more than 100 international charter flights and repatriated 18,195 stranded Indians.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Following the partial lifting of international flight restrictions by UAE and Indian authorities on travel for eligible individuals to and from Abu Dhabi to India, Etihad Airways will resume a limited number of special flights to six Indian gateways.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a codeshare agreement with Abu Dhabi’s first low-cost airline, Air Arabia Abu Dhabi.