NITN | @@notintownlive | 13 Mar 2020, 05:51 am

Bengaluru/NITN: The 76-year-old man from Karnataka's Kalburgi, who died on Tuesday, had been infected with the deadly novel Coronavirus, the state health minister said on Thursday, as India registered its first death from the deadly virus that has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Karnataka Health Minister B Sriramulu said: "The 76 year old man from Kalburgi who passed away and was a suspected COVID-19 patient has been confirmed for COVID-19. The necessary contact tracing, isolation & other measures as per protocol are being carried out."
The victim had returned from Saudi Arabia on Feb 29.
On his arrival, he was screened at the Hyderabad airport but he had shown no symptoms at that time.
On Mar 5, he went to a private hospital in Kalburgi and was admitted the following day. At that time he had complained of asthma and hypertension.
He later tested positive with COVID-19.
Three days later, he was shifted to a hospital in Hyderabad.
However, his family checked him out of the hospital the same day and while returning home, he died at around 10.30 pm.
Meanwhile, Dr. Srinivas, Director, Public Health, Telangana, said: "We have identified the hospital, where the 76-year-old person from Karnataka's Kalaburagi visited and came in contact with people including doctors earlier. Contact tracking process is currently underway by state health authorities."
At present more than 70 people in India are infected with COVID-19.
In the wake of the sudden spike in the number of cases related to the novel Coronavirus, the Indian government on Wednesday issued a new travel advisory in which it suspended all visas to India till April 15.
- Newly launched booking site QuietHotelRooms.com helps travellers sleep better
- Air Canada to begin operations after flight attendants decide to end strike
- Kolkata gets its first direct Metro to airport; PM Modi set to open 3 game changing routes on Aug 22
- Air Canada flights remain grounded as striking union defies order to resume work
- Uber introduces Intercity Motorhomes as it expands to 3,000 routes in India
- High Commission issues advisory for Indians travelling to Malaysia
- Grand Egyptian Museum to open its doors on Nov1
- Aadhaar OTP now mandatory for online Tatkal train bookings
- PM Modi to launch Bengaluru Metro's Yellow Line, new Vande Bharat Express
- IndiGo slapped with heavy fine for providing ‘unhygienic, dirty seat’ to passenger
Air New Zealand has announced plans to host a live inflight concert, ‘SYNTHONY in the Sky’, on Dec 4 aboard Flight NZ1331 from Auckland to Sydney.
Qatar Airways will move its New York operations to The New Terminal One at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in 2026. As part of the relocation, the airline plans to open a 15,000-square-foot lounge, its first dedicated facility in both New York City and the United States.
All Air Canada planes remained grounded late Saturday despite the Canadian government intervening to end a strike called by cabin crew members that resulted in hundreds of flights being cancelled and triggered chaos, media reports said.