Sujoy Dhar | @notintownlive | 20 Apr 2022, 05:18 am
On an April evening this year when I checked into Domaine de Grand Baie with a group of friends, I was clueless where exactly I am and how far is the beach from where I am.
You can choose between a studio, a one or two-bedroom apartment or a penthouse with two suites. So as I stepped inside the apartment, it was like: wow, this is home. This fully furnished apartment with pastel tones and natural materials is spacious, equipped with all the necessary facilities, including a kitchenette which is almost a kitchen. The balcony with each apartment is spacious too.
The restaurant Le Grand Baie offers various gourmet experiences, from a lunch break to dinner in the cool evening air, a themed evening gathering or brunch by the pool.
Each day, the Chef at the restaurant Le Grand Baie and his team select the best of fresh and seasonal local produce to serve up fragrant, and balanced food, including various succulent fish, shellfish (rock lobster, prawns), colourful, fragrant fruits and vegetables (mango, pineapple, papaya, candy apples), and all sorts of spices.
The property invites you to discover the varied cuisine, which reflects the cultural mosaic that is Mauritius, including Creole, Chinese and Indian specialities. Curry, Mauritian biryani, pilau rice, Mauritian fried noodles, chutney, grilled fish, you name it, they serve it.
Beneath the shade of the covered terrace of Domaine de Grand Baie, Le Garden is open throughout the day for a light, delicious break in a laid-back and peaceful atmosphere. Le Garden's menu offers a range of snacks made on-site (club sandwiches, salads) and suggestions of the day, as well as sweet treats and pastries prepared by the Chef.
The main bar is one of the highlights of Domaine de Grand Baie, where you can share good times during the day and evening. Get together in the welcoming and laid-back atmosphere of this spacious, well-lit bar. There is a pool bar too.
Relax, detox, rejuvenate:
You can switch between total relaxation, with treatments and massages, dips in the indoor or outdoor pool, and workouts in the fully-equipped gym.
Domaine de Grand Baie is one property offering you the comfort and warmth of home with the service of a top hotel. So when you check out of here, you feel you perhaps have to return for another stay sometime.
- Cambria Hotel in Chicago Loop: Where location meets affordable comfort
- The Berlin hotel you must stay during the Christmas - NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint
- New hotel to boost tourism in Uzbekistan's museum-city Bukhara from next year
- Pendry Chicago: My magnificent stay in the city's Magnificent Mile
- Tomorrowland to open magical desert destination Terra Solis Dubai
- Sri Lanka: Four hotels and an Indian fanboy of the island nation
- Hilton Garden Inn: Singapore's Little India vibes and functional comfort
- Our executive chef is Indian as well: Sherene Allaman, Sun International, on why South Africa is an Indian favourite
- Veranda Tamarin: Boho-chic budget beach escape in Mauritius
- Domaine de Grand Baie : Your go-to luxury service apartment in Mauritius
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.