Sujoy Dhar | @notintownlive | 20 Apr 2022, 05:18 am
On an April evening this year when I checked into Domaine de Grand Baie with a group of friends, I was clueless where exactly I am and how far is the beach from where I am.
You can choose between a studio, a one or two-bedroom apartment or a penthouse with two suites. So as I stepped inside the apartment, it was like: wow, this is home. This fully furnished apartment with pastel tones and natural materials is spacious, equipped with all the necessary facilities, including a kitchenette which is almost a kitchen. The balcony with each apartment is spacious too.
The restaurant Le Grand Baie offers various gourmet experiences, from a lunch break to dinner in the cool evening air, a themed evening gathering or brunch by the pool.
Each day, the Chef at the restaurant Le Grand Baie and his team select the best of fresh and seasonal local produce to serve up fragrant, and balanced food, including various succulent fish, shellfish (rock lobster, prawns), colourful, fragrant fruits and vegetables (mango, pineapple, papaya, candy apples), and all sorts of spices.
The property invites you to discover the varied cuisine, which reflects the cultural mosaic that is Mauritius, including Creole, Chinese and Indian specialities. Curry, Mauritian biryani, pilau rice, Mauritian fried noodles, chutney, grilled fish, you name it, they serve it.
Beneath the shade of the covered terrace of Domaine de Grand Baie, Le Garden is open throughout the day for a light, delicious break in a laid-back and peaceful atmosphere. Le Garden's menu offers a range of snacks made on-site (club sandwiches, salads) and suggestions of the day, as well as sweet treats and pastries prepared by the Chef.
The main bar is one of the highlights of Domaine de Grand Baie, where you can share good times during the day and evening. Get together in the welcoming and laid-back atmosphere of this spacious, well-lit bar. There is a pool bar too.
Relax, detox, rejuvenate:
You can switch between total relaxation, with treatments and massages, dips in the indoor or outdoor pool, and workouts in the fully-equipped gym.
Domaine de Grand Baie is one property offering you the comfort and warmth of home with the service of a top hotel. So when you check out of here, you feel you perhaps have to return for another stay sometime.
- Tomorrowland to open magical desert destination Terra Solis Dubai
- Sri Lanka: Four hotels and an Indian fanboy of the island nation
- Hilton Garden Inn: Singapore's Little India vibes and functional comfort
- Our executive chef is Indian as well: Sherene Allaman, Sun International, on why South Africa is an Indian favourite
- Veranda Tamarin: Boho-chic budget beach escape in Mauritius
- Domaine de Grand Baie : Your go-to luxury service apartment in Mauritius
- Le Méridien Ile Maurice: Unleash the lotus eater in Mauritius
- ITC Royal Bengal: Bespoke luxury with reminders from Bengal's aristocratic homes
- Holiday Inn Amsterdam (RAI): Your comfort hotel in the canal city
- Chicago's newest hotel The Hoxton is inspired by its neighbourhood's industrial past
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.