NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Sep 2019
Kolkata: Aminia, one of the oldest Mughlai restaurant in Eastern India, is all set to complete 90 years of its journey.
Aminia had brought its first outlet into existence in 1929 in Zakaria Street, Kolkata.
Late Abdul Rahim began its journey by serving Kolkata, the famous Awadhi cuisine of Lucknow and later added other Mughlai dishes to the menu.
After seeing the growing fondness and demand for Awadhi food among the folks of Kolkata, the second generation of the family had decided to expand their business.
The casual fine-dining restaurant is now being run by its third and fourth generation and has expanded its chain by setting up outlets in Golpark, Jessore Road, Shyambazar, Rajarhat, Behala, Barrackpore, and Serampore.
The restaurant said it is planning to open its outlet in Dubai.
- On the trail of Buddha
- Royal China Kolkata complements its fine dining restaurant with a dazzling lounge and bar
- With bars allowed to open, Kolkata’s new gastropub Zobet ready to welcome patrons
- A trip down memory lane to Freddie Mercury's life in Switzerland's Montreux on his 74th birthday
- Santa Claus’ Finnish homeland Rovaniemi decides to go sustainable to counter climate change
- Have you been to Grand Market Pavilion yet for its special weekend brunch and dinner?
- Brighten up your weekend with a loaded home-delivered brunch from JW Marriott Kolkata
- Visit Starmark for your Rakhi shopping
- Jeremy Wade of River Monsters fame returns to Animal Planet with a brand new series
- Kolkata's stylish bistro Quantum has drawn up an extensive delivery and takeaway menu
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
Kolkata/UNI/NITN: Air India, the Asian country's national airline, is actively considering reintroduction of its Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flight soon after getting nod from the Aviation Ministry and Airport Authority of India (AAI) and clearance of other technicalities.