NITN | @notintownlive | 15 Jun 2021, 11:54 am
Kolkata/IBNS: Moored on the Hooghly River bank of Kolkata, the floating hotel, or Floatel, has been quite a landmark, since its opening in 2007.
Now acquired by the Hotel Polo Towers Group, the renamed Polo Floatel has received a pleasant makeover, and consists of 59 guestrooms and a new lounge called The Bridge Bistro & Bar.
While the hotel is awaiting its unveiling post the easing of pandemic restrictions, Kolkata can enjoy its bistro menu available through the ‘Room Service by Polo Hotel’.
Highlights from the all-day menu includes Apple Celery and Rocket leaves salad with toasted Almonds, Paneer Tikka Sliders, Tuscan Villa Asparagus Risotto, Vilayati Sabzi Tawa Masala, Ramen Noodle Bowl, Sarson Mahi Tikka, Boathouse Bistro Fish Fry, Asian Chilli Garlic Prawn, Chingri Malai Curry, Sorshe Bekti, Chicken and Fennel Risotto, Apple Cinnamon Pie, and Poached Plums and Vanilla Ice Cream.
The brand has also introduced cocktail pre-mixers such as Burra Sahib, Cheers to Life, Caribbean Summer Tea, Pink Elephant, best combined with whisky, gin, rum, and vodka, respectively.
Also available through Room Service by Polo Floatel is Celebrations, a curated three course meal, which may be ordered for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Apart from European to Indian to Oriental dishes, the Celebrations also packs in table mats, scented candles and eclectic stoneware serveware.
Deval Tibrewalla, CEO and Director, Hotel Polo Towers Group, said, “We are excited to be launching our extensive bistro menu, first via Room Service By Polo Floatel. Additionally, we aim to be a brand that patrons look upto for ultimate comfort food.”
To reduce the use of plastic, the brand delivers the food in reusable containers made of compostable plant fibres.
Room service by Polo Floatel (Contact: 629225196) offers takeaway or direct delivery from the property.
Cost for two is approximately Rs 1100 plus tax.
- Winter escapades in Italy: Unveiling the snow-covered splendors
- Five attractions you cannot miss if you are at Yas Island Abu Dhabi for IIFA 2023
- Summer Holidays: Five offbeat hill destinations in India
- Fergana: A mesmerizing destination to visit in Uzbekistan
- Three special recipes to whip up at home this World Cocktail Day
- Viva Cuba: Rides to remember in Havana's vintage roadshow-stoppers
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Kolkata restaurants gear up with special offers to mark the end of Ramzan
- On a romantic holiday to Philadelphia: 10 things you cannot miss
- Assam’s bellwether festival Bihu goes global with Guinness Records entry
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.