NITN | @notintownlive | 15 Jun 2021, 11:54 am
Kolkata/IBNS: Moored on the Hooghly River bank of Kolkata, the floating hotel, or Floatel, has been quite a landmark, since its opening in 2007.
Now acquired by the Hotel Polo Towers Group, the renamed Polo Floatel has received a pleasant makeover, and consists of 59 guestrooms and a new lounge called The Bridge Bistro & Bar.
While the hotel is awaiting its unveiling post the easing of pandemic restrictions, Kolkata can enjoy its bistro menu available through the ‘Room Service by Polo Hotel’.
Highlights from the all-day menu includes Apple Celery and Rocket leaves salad with toasted Almonds, Paneer Tikka Sliders, Tuscan Villa Asparagus Risotto, Vilayati Sabzi Tawa Masala, Ramen Noodle Bowl, Sarson Mahi Tikka, Boathouse Bistro Fish Fry, Asian Chilli Garlic Prawn, Chingri Malai Curry, Sorshe Bekti, Chicken and Fennel Risotto, Apple Cinnamon Pie, and Poached Plums and Vanilla Ice Cream.
The brand has also introduced cocktail pre-mixers such as Burra Sahib, Cheers to Life, Caribbean Summer Tea, Pink Elephant, best combined with whisky, gin, rum, and vodka, respectively.
Also available through Room Service by Polo Floatel is Celebrations, a curated three course meal, which may be ordered for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Apart from European to Indian to Oriental dishes, the Celebrations also packs in table mats, scented candles and eclectic stoneware serveware.
Deval Tibrewalla, CEO and Director, Hotel Polo Towers Group, said, “We are excited to be launching our extensive bistro menu, first via Room Service By Polo Floatel. Additionally, we aim to be a brand that patrons look upto for ultimate comfort food.”
To reduce the use of plastic, the brand delivers the food in reusable containers made of compostable plant fibres.
Room service by Polo Floatel (Contact: 629225196) offers takeaway or direct delivery from the property.
Cost for two is approximately Rs 1100 plus tax.
- Have you been to these 12 Christmas markets in Europe?
- First Person: Among the happy, hospitable and artistic Uzbek people
- Georgian flavour
- Wedding Asia New Delhi returns with latest bridal couture and opulence
- Kolkata raises a toast to Shashi Tharoor's latest book launched at a session of Kitaab
- With rich tapestry of culture and economic vigour, Atyrau region in Kazakhstan shines bright
- Washington DC: That buzzy feel in the city where Potus, power and politics cohabit Smithsonian
- Visit Victoria, Qantas collaborate with MasterChef Australia finalist Kishwar Chowdhury for 'Flavours of Melbourne'
- International Ganesh Festival 2023: Mumbai
- International Ganesh Festival 2023: Ratnagiri
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.