NITN | @notintownlive | 15 Jun 2021, 11:54 am
Kolkata/IBNS: Moored on the Hooghly River bank of Kolkata, the floating hotel, or Floatel, has been quite a landmark, since its opening in 2007.
Now acquired by the Hotel Polo Towers Group, the renamed Polo Floatel has received a pleasant makeover, and consists of 59 guestrooms and a new lounge called The Bridge Bistro & Bar.
While the hotel is awaiting its unveiling post the easing of pandemic restrictions, Kolkata can enjoy its bistro menu available through the ‘Room Service by Polo Hotel’.
Highlights from the all-day menu includes Apple Celery and Rocket leaves salad with toasted Almonds, Paneer Tikka Sliders, Tuscan Villa Asparagus Risotto, Vilayati Sabzi Tawa Masala, Ramen Noodle Bowl, Sarson Mahi Tikka, Boathouse Bistro Fish Fry, Asian Chilli Garlic Prawn, Chingri Malai Curry, Sorshe Bekti, Chicken and Fennel Risotto, Apple Cinnamon Pie, and Poached Plums and Vanilla Ice Cream.
The brand has also introduced cocktail pre-mixers such as Burra Sahib, Cheers to Life, Caribbean Summer Tea, Pink Elephant, best combined with whisky, gin, rum, and vodka, respectively.
Also available through Room Service by Polo Floatel is Celebrations, a curated three course meal, which may be ordered for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Apart from European to Indian to Oriental dishes, the Celebrations also packs in table mats, scented candles and eclectic stoneware serveware.
Deval Tibrewalla, CEO and Director, Hotel Polo Towers Group, said, “We are excited to be launching our extensive bistro menu, first via Room Service By Polo Floatel. Additionally, we aim to be a brand that patrons look upto for ultimate comfort food.”
To reduce the use of plastic, the brand delivers the food in reusable containers made of compostable plant fibres.
Room service by Polo Floatel (Contact: 629225196) offers takeaway or direct delivery from the property.
Cost for two is approximately Rs 1100 plus tax.
- Neha Mittal, the woman behind OneAbove medical devices, wants to remain one up in business while serving mankind
- Globally acclaimed modern Indian bistro Farzi Café now in Kolkata
- Celebrate Eid at home with the ‘Ruhaniyat' edition from ITC Royal Bengal and ITC Sonar
- Visiting California? Here is a list of Santa Monica Beach Restaurants
- Celebrating Chocolates
- Five scenic but secluded corners in Uttarakhand for a post pandemic holiday
- ITC Royal Bengal & ITC Sonar celebrates Doctor’s Day with Special Offers
- Paprika Gourmet launches special monsoon menu
- Pronto—an experience in deliciousness!
- Taapsee Pannu, sister Shagun make most of their Russian sojourn with Airbnb
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines is all set to resume flights to the Russian capital Moscow after a break of six years.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: UAE's second flag carrier Etihad Airways has extended its ‘Verified To Fly’ travel document initiative, enabling travelers to validate their Covid-19 travel documents before arriving at the airport, to routes across its global network.
Mumbai: AirAsia India on Friday operated 9 flights with fully vaccinated crew including cabin crew and pilots, the airline said.