NITN | @notintownlive | 22 Aug 2022, 12:40 am
Image Credit: Avishek Mitra/IBNS
Kolkata/NITN: Bengalis' popular fish Hilsa was on the plate of all guests at an Ilish Utsav (Hilsa festival) organised by Indian and Continental food suppliers Spice and Sauces at PC Chandra Gardens in Kolkata Sunday afternoon.
On completion of its 20 years, Spice and Sauces organised a cookery competition in the festival where talented chefs from Bengal took part.
The participants cooked tasty and mouth watering recipes of Ilish.
Madhumita Mohanty, executive chef of The Lalit Great Eastern and and director Supriyo Bedajna of Rannaghar, were the judges of the event.
Popular Bengali singer Sidhu, who was accompanied by Saptak Sanai and others, mesmerised the event with his performance.
Chhanda Chakraborty, the owner of Spices and Sauces, said on the occasion, "We are very happy to have completed 20 years of Spices and Sauces. We organised an Ilish festival which was followed by a cultural programme. We started the company in 2002.
"At first we had a small catering business and later we planned to open a restaurant. We started with 30 team members and now we are a family of more than 3000. Now we have four outlets, in Golpark, ICCR, Newton and one in Salt Lake which is known as awesome."
(Images by Avishek Mitra/IBNS)
- Discover the splendour of the 15th century Khimsar Fort in Rajasthan
- Eating Out in Kolkata during Durga Puja
- Restaurant hopping this Durga Puja in Kolkata
- Radio Ceylon: The Lankan queen of airwaves
- Kolkata eatery ready for Durga Puja pandal hoppers
- Ganesh Chaturthi in Pune: When Bappa came to town...
- Catch celebrity makeup artist Arti Nayar's masterclass this week
- How to Spend A Day in Singapore's fun-loaded Sentosa Island
- A magazine or a menu card? Ask the Lords and Barons
- Soul-satisfying weekend brunch at The Square, Novotel
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.
New Delhi: Indian Hospitality enterprise OYO on Monday announced reduced prices on stays with tariffs which now begin at Rs 399 for the period between Aug. 8 and Aug. 21.