NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Feb 2023, 01:24 am
Kolkata: Building on his experience of running the Soul Café coupled with his business acumen, Abhishek Dutt has turned ‘Soul – The Sky Lounge’ into one of the popular restaurants of Kolkata.
Hailing from the well-known jewellery brands, Benud Behari Dutt Jewellers, Dutt sharpened his business skills by joining the family business when he was 16.
But it was the hospitality business, especially food and beverage, which tugged at his heartstrings.
In 2016, Dutt started off with a 1,000 square feet café, called Soul Café, on Syed Amir Ali Avenue.
He aimed to catch the attention of the young crowd.
The cafe organised activities like Zumba classes and also included a billiards room.
In 2019, in his quest to find a bigger place, he chanced upon a heritage building on Little Russel Street.
The rooftop with a panoramic view of the city’s skyline became ‘Soul – The Sky Lounge’ with a bar, an eclectic food menu and a live tandoor, among other things.
Here is a glimpse of what you may expect.
Birds of Paradise - Vodka, Jalapeno and Basil
Giant Fruit Margherita - Tequila, loads of fruits
Mudslide - Vodka, Kahlua, Baileys Cream and lots of Chocolate
Chatpata – White Rum, Bell peppers, Lime, Mint and Jaljeera
Bao – Served with a variety of sautéed veggies, Chilli paneer, Chilli Chicken, Crispy Chicken and Schezwan Prawn
Chicken Tangdi Kabab - Succulent Chicken leg pieces, charcoal grilled from at the live tandoor
Mezze Platter - Pita bread, Lavash, Hummus, Sprout salad, Baba Ganoush and Falafel; can add tandoori chicken to this
Lobster Thermidor - A French classic. Lobster meat cooked in red wine sauce and stuffed back into the shell; served with sautéed vegetables and herbed rice
Toffee Walnut - Creamy, rich walnut fudge
- Bookings for Odisha’s annual eco retreats to begin from September 15 this year
- Tawang Marathon: A perfect excuse to visit Arunachal Pradesh in October this year
- Varanasi: The story of Dalmia Bhavan in the City of Surprises
- ITC Hotels and Marriott International collaborate to spotlight millet-based culinary delights globally
- Monsoon getaway: Take a break in the historical town of Mandu in Madhya Pradesh
- Thalaiva Rajinikanth escapes to paradise: Unwinding at luxurious Kuda Villingili Resort in the Maldives
- Captivating summer retreats at Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
- Madhya Pradesh: The Tiger State of India is your best bet of catching up with the magnificent beast in the wild
- Bucket list: Popular street foods of Europe that you must try
- First Person: Football fever strikes Sydney
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.