NITN | @notintownlive | 23 Feb 2023, 01:19 am
Image credit: Ayush Gupta
Known for its quirky ambience and its iconic 'Soda Bottle Opener' decor element, Soda Bottle Opener Wala is a popular restaurant chain in India, offering a variety of dishes with a Parsi cuisine influence. It has now set its foot in Kolkata.
The moment you enter through the retro old fashioned gates of Soda Bottle Opener Wala you get transported to the nostalgia of Parsi culture of Mumbai, owing to its decor.
The decor of this 135 seater restaurant is heavily influenced by the street food culture of India, with vintage posters, signs, and other memorabilia adorning the walls. The menu is written on a large chalkboard, making it easy to peruse and select your dishes.
The restaurant is known for its soda bottle openers, which are used to open traditional Indian soda bottles, and serve as a symbol of the restaurant's commitment to traditional Indian street food.
"Our chefs believe in using the freshest ingredients and our recipes have been perfected using inputs from food experts and home chefs. We believe consistency is key and so is sourcing responsibly."
"We believe we are the new India Story minus the gimmickry, where the food is cooked fresh, flavours are original and not dependent on heavy spicing, chilly or a lot of oil," said Soda Bottle Opener Wala representative speaking to IBNS.
The eclectic blend of signature cocktails and food at Soda Bottle Opener Wala stands out. The cocktail menu features a range of traditional and innovative drinks.
From Gin Baugh to Elder Bawa they are all made with the freshest ingredients and expertly mixed by the restaurant's skilled bartenders.
Gin Baugh cocktail is infused with grapefruit syrup and spiced honey, muddled with cranberries and gin, topped with ginger ale, just as a typical Parsi Baugh. While Elder Bawa is mainly gin and sparkling wine based spritzer with notes of elder flower, grapefruit and rosemary.
The food menu is just as innovative and diverse- Raw Banana Pops, Two Way Corn, Aloo Bomb Chat were absolute show stealers which will ignite your taste buds and leave you yearning to uncover its mysterious flavours.
Soda Bottle Opener Wala is the perfect place to go for a casual and relaxed dining experience, whether you're grabbing a quick bite on your lunch break, or spending a night out with friends. It's also a great place for groups, with plenty of seating and a fun, lively atmosphere.
Soda Bottle Opener Wala is for those who want nostalgia to be served on their plates.
(Reporting by Ayush Gupta)
- Bookings for Odisha’s annual eco retreats to begin from September 15 this year
- Tawang Marathon: A perfect excuse to visit Arunachal Pradesh in October this year
- Varanasi: The story of Dalmia Bhavan in the City of Surprises
- ITC Hotels and Marriott International collaborate to spotlight millet-based culinary delights globally
- Monsoon getaway: Take a break in the historical town of Mandu in Madhya Pradesh
- Thalaiva Rajinikanth escapes to paradise: Unwinding at luxurious Kuda Villingili Resort in the Maldives
- Captivating summer retreats at Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
- Madhya Pradesh: The Tiger State of India is your best bet of catching up with the magnificent beast in the wild
- Bucket list: Popular street foods of Europe that you must try
- First Person: Football fever strikes Sydney
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.