08 Jan 2017, 06:50 pm
This new daily connection will provide travellers a convenient link between the Indian IT hub and Sri Lankan capital.
With the introduction of this new connection, Bengaluru will be the second Indian city after Mumbai to be linked to Colombo and Jet Airways’ third daily service to the Sri Lankan capital.
Jet Airways flight 9W 278 will depart Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport at 0040 hrs and arrive in Colombo at 0210 hrs (Local Time).
The flight 9W 277 will leave Colombo at 0310 hrs (LT) to arrive in Bengaluru at 0435 hrs (LT).
Jayaraj Shanmugam, Chief Commercial Officer, Jet Airways, said “Jet Airways is delighted to launch a direct service between Bengaluru and Colombo. With increasing economic activity between India and Sri Lanka, Jet Airways realized the gap in the connectivity and plugged it with this direct connection. Guests between these two destinations will be offered the best in-flight product and service excellence.”
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.