Not In Town | @notintownlive | 16 Sep 2019, 12:52 pm
New Delhi: Strengthening its international footprint, IndiGo, one of the Indian airlines, on Monday commenced its operations to the second largest economy in the world, China.
William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo along with airport authorities were present at the airport to receive Kapil Bhatia, Executive Chairman, InterGlobe Enterprises along with the other passengers of the first flight.
William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo said, “We are delighted to commence our operations to China, with the first flight landing in Chengdu earlier this morning. China, besides being a popular destination for Indian tourists, is also the world’s largest source of outbound travellers.
Increased connectivity between India and China will attract tourists from both the countries, contributing to economic growth and social cohesion between the two nations. China is a market with immense potential and holds prominent trade, cultural and tourism value.
IndiGo will continue to offer an on-time, courteous and hassle-free service and affordable flying experience always”.
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).