Not In Town | @notintownlive | 18 Sep 2019, 03:45 pm
Sepang: AirAsia on Wednesday announced the launch of an exclusive route to Da Lat from Kuala Lumpur, further expanding its footprint in Vietnam.
The four times weekly service to Da Lat, capital of Lam Dong province in the Central Highlands, will commence on Dec 20, 2019.
Da Lat, known as the City of Eternal Spring for its pleasant weather, was developed as a leisure town by the French in the early 1900s, and boasts some fine examples of colonial architecture, such as Da Lat Railway Station and Lycée Yersin. Da Lat is also home to three mansions owned by Emperor Bao Dai, the last emperor of Vietnam.
Other attractions include Xuan Huong Lake, a popular icon of Da Lat located in the city centre, and Linh Phuoc Pagoda, which is covered in colourful mosaic made from pieces of pottery and glass. For nature lovers, Robin Hill offers a panoramic view of the city and its natural surroundings, including Tuyen Lam Lake and Lang Biang Mountain, while trekking to the top of Mount Samson allows visitors to get a highland view of Da Lat.
AirAsia Malaysia CEO Riad Asmat said, “We are proud to expand our fast-growing network with the introduction of this new and unique route to Da Lat, Vietnam. As the first international airline to fly to Da Lat, visitors from Malaysia no longer need to drive three hours from Nha Trang or five hours from Ho Chi Minh City to get to this picturesque city. This new route will strengthen economic ties for the people of southern Vietnam, while enhancing connectivity into other parts of Asean and beyond.”
To celebrate the new route, AirAsia is offering all-in members fare for Kuala Lumpur-Da Lat from as low as RM99* from now till Sep 29, 2019 for travel from Dec 20, 2019 till Mar 27, 2020, only on airasia.com and the AirAsia mobile app.
Da Lat is AirAsia’s seventh destination in Vietnam after Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Can Tho and Phu Quoc.
- Over 300 flights cancelled after Tokyo airport collision killing 5; the plane was cleared to land
- New discount membership club from Kuwait’s Jazeera Airways, avail special introductory rates
- Air India deploys newly inducted Boeing 777s in Mumbai-USA routes
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.