NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jul 2020, 10:50 am
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a codeshare agreement with Abu Dhabi’s first low-cost airline, Air Arabia Abu Dhabi.
Effective from Jul 9, Etihad will place its ‘EY’ code on Air Arabia Abu Dhabi’s inaugural flight from Abu Dhabi to the Egyptian city of Alexandria on Jul 14, followed by the Nile city of Sohag the next day.
The new agreement enables guests to book Etihad flights in conjunction with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi services, connecting its global route network beyond the UAE capital to new airline’s routes.
Etihad said it has plans to add further codeshare destinations to the partnership scope as more Air Arabia Abu Dhabi destinations are announced in the coming weeks.
Air Arabia Abu Dhabi was formed following an agreement by Etihad Airways and Air Arabia to establish an independent joint venture company that will operate as a low-cost passenger airline with Abu Dhabi International Airport as its hub.
The airline will start its operations with two Airbus A320 aircraft based at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- Air Canada resumes operations in Delhi after four months
- Etihad Airways announces special fares for travel from India as Abu Dhabi opens to fully vaccinated travellers
- Do not miss the limited period By One Get One Free offer from SriLankan Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines enhances connectivity to Sri Lanka from key Indian cities
- French low cost long haul airline offers limited number of discounted seats on New York-Orly route
- SriLankan Airlines uplifts largest vaccine consignment to Sri Lanka
- Amid students' rush, Air India to increase flight frequency to US from August
- SriLankan Airlines to resume flights to Moscow after 6-yr break
- Etihad Airways extends its 'Verified to Fly' travel document initiative globally
- AirAsia India operates with fully vaccinated crew on 9 flights across multiple metro sectors
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.