NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Sep 2020, 10:08 am
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
The first such arrangement in South-Asia was recently decided after the agreement between officials from both the governments.
IndiGo will operate flights on Kochi-Male-Kochi route twice a week, while adhering to all the precautionary measures, ensuring a safe and hassle-free travel experience on-board a lean clean flying machine.
William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo said, "We are pleased to resume connections between India and Maldives, starting with two weekly flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble. Male will be connected to various domestic destinations in India from Kochi, while providing safe and hassle-free flying experience on board a lean, clean flying machine.
"India is one of the key markets for inbound tourism for Maldives, while it receives a huge share of its medical tourists from Maldives. These flights will promote trade tourism and mobility, giving a boost to economic recovery in both the countries."
- Russia's Aeroflot resumes regular Delhi-Moscow flights
- India to soon connect Cambodia by direct flight
- Global student offer launched by Etihad Airways
- SpiceJet to connect Darbhanga with Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru with daily flights
- IndiGo commences flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble
- Air India actively considering reintroduction of Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flights
- CapaJet announces Southeast Asia & Pacific repatriation flights for Indians from Aug 19
- GoAir repatriates 37,990 stranded Indians, clocks more than 200 international charter flights
- IndiGo announces it will slash 10 percent of workforce
- GoAir clocks more than 100 international charter flights, repatriates 18,195 stranded Indians
New Delhi: Russia's flagship airline Aeroflot on Friday resumed flights enrouted Moscow-New Delhi and New Delhi-Moscow under the air bubble agreement, officials said.
Phnom Penh/New Delhi:India and Cambodia will soon be connected by a direct flight, media reports said.
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.