NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Sep 2020, 10:08 am
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
The first such arrangement in South-Asia was recently decided after the agreement between officials from both the governments.
IndiGo will operate flights on Kochi-Male-Kochi route twice a week, while adhering to all the precautionary measures, ensuring a safe and hassle-free travel experience on-board a lean clean flying machine.
William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo said, "We are pleased to resume connections between India and Maldives, starting with two weekly flights between Male and Kochi under Air Bubble. Male will be connected to various domestic destinations in India from Kochi, while providing safe and hassle-free flying experience on board a lean, clean flying machine.
"India is one of the key markets for inbound tourism for Maldives, while it receives a huge share of its medical tourists from Maldives. These flights will promote trade tourism and mobility, giving a boost to economic recovery in both the countries."
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.