NITN | @notintownlive | 25 Aug 2021, 01:06 am
Mumbai: SriLankan Airlines, the national carrier of Sri Lanka and a member of oneworld alliance, in a bid to promote greater travel opportunities from India to Sri Lanka, is adding more destinations and frequencies.
SriLankan Airlines currently operates four flights a week from Chennai, three flights a week from Mumbai, and once a week from Bangalore to its hub in Colombo.
To strengthen ongoing operations SriLankan will be introducing a host of frequency enhancements out of key Indian cities into Colombo effective Sept 1, 2021.
Currently, India accounts for over 120 million fully vaccinated citizens which has resulted in the reawakening interest in travel.
Accordingly, SriLankan Airlines announced that from September, the Airline will be resuming services between Colombo and the Indian points; Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum and Cochin with flights once a week, whilst Hyderabad and New Delhi will be connected to Colombo with twice-weekly flights.
Further, the Airlines’ operations out of Chennai and Mumbai will expand up to five times a week whilst its Bangalore-Colombo services will be enhanced to flights three times a week.
Before the outbreak of the pandemic, the Airline operated an extensive network out of 11 Indian cities over 120 flights a week to Colombo, connecting travellers to the resplendent island and beyond.
The Airline said it aims to provide maximum flexibility and a wider choice in terms of travel with the enhanced frequencies and anticipates welcoming its valued customers abroad from the country’s closest neighbor.
"SriLankan Airlines currently holds the highest attainable ‘Diamond’ status from the recently concluded APEX Health and Safety Audit, thus affirming its stature as an airline with the highest focus on passenger safety and wellbeing throughout the passenger journey," it said.
- Air Canada resumes operations in Delhi after four months
- Etihad Airways announces special fares for travel from India as Abu Dhabi opens to fully vaccinated travellers
- Do not miss the limited period By One Get One Free offer from SriLankan Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines enhances connectivity to Sri Lanka from key Indian cities
- French low cost long haul airline offers limited number of discounted seats on New York-Orly route
- SriLankan Airlines uplifts largest vaccine consignment to Sri Lanka
- Amid students' rush, Air India to increase flight frequency to US from August
- SriLankan Airlines to resume flights to Moscow after 6-yr break
- Etihad Airways extends its 'Verified to Fly' travel document initiative globally
- AirAsia India operates with fully vaccinated crew on 9 flights across multiple metro sectors
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.