NITN | @notintownlive | 19 May 2022, 07:02 am
New Delhi: Hospitality technology platform OYO has announced that its customers will be eligible for a free stay after every 5 night stays in an initiative to boost travel in post-pandemic India.
The free room night offer will be available to the Gold members of its loyalty program called Wizard. Designed for the frequent traveller in India, Wizard will also offer upto 10% discount on OYO’s Wizard hotels across India, and a lot more.
With over 9.2 million members, OYO Wizard is one of the largest loyalty programs run by leading travel or food brands in India and the largest in the budget category segment in India. Designed to enable travellers, the travel tech company’s loyalty program aims to reward OYO’s regular customers. Across India, Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad are the top subscriber markets for OYO’s loyalty program.
Speaking on the launch of the revamped loyalty program, OYO Wizard, Shreerang Godbole, SVP - Product & Chief Service Officer - OYO said, “OYO caters to value conscious customers, be it families, friends, small business or even employees of large corporates. Our incentives such as free room nights and discounted stays give yet another compelling reason for them to choose to stay at OYO repeatedly.
"Our share of nights booked by repeat customers in India was over 70% in the year ended March 31, 2021. We believe that our improved loyalty offerings will appeal a lot to this large customer base.”
OYO offers customers a slew of features aiming to ease and enhance their booking experience, such as the 3 steps booking process on the OYO App, browsing storefronts based on location, among others. OYO’s zero cancellation fee policies are also designed to offer the best customer experience for today’s evolved travellers, it said in a media release.
The company said this summer, OYO witnessed two record breaking festive weekend bookings in April 2022. Over the Good Friday and Vishu week, OYO clocked in 8 lakh bookings, the highest ever in 2022, surpassing New Years, which is usually a high demand holiday, it said. Furthermore, as per OYO’s Mid-Summer Vacation Index 2022, every 1 in 2 Indian travellers had plans to head out on their first trip since 2020 and approx. 94.8% of respondents wish to travel domestically.
Keeping in mind this steady surge in travel, Wizard customers are set to benefit from OYO’s loyalty program, it said.
Frequent travellers can become a Wizard member by downloading the OYO app.
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
- SpiceJet announces daily non-stop flights between Jabalpur and Kolkata
- Flydubai suspends flights to Colombo amid economical and political upheaval
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala backed Akasa Air introduces employee-centric cabin crew look
- SriLankan Airlines denies media reports on reducing Tiruchirappalli flights
- Indian hotel rooms aggregator OYO announces a free stay after 5 night stays
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.