NITN | @notintownlive | 23 Jan 2023, 07:01 am
Bangalore: Chocko Valliappa, Vice Chairman, Sona Group of Education Institutions' has suggested doubling allocation for education over the next three years.
Valliappa said: "Reports suggest that India has just crossed China in terms of total population and is now the most populous nation. To reap the demographic dividend, education and skilling are of utmost importance, and I hope the allocation for both in the Union budget are doubled to create India as the Knowledge epicentre of the world."
"The industry expects the Finance Minister to present a road map for doubling allocation for education over the next three years by re-aligning a host of grants, subsidies and other financial sops," he said.
He said the skilling ecosystem needs a massive revamp. The fund allocation should be routed through the employer as is being done in the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme by BOAT thereby ensuring that there is job creation and not just skilling on paper," he added.
- Vattikuti Foundation led symposium in Belgium to attract over 100 robotic surgeons from 14 countries
- Vee Technologies adds fourth facility in Bengaluru
- Asansol Church in West Bengal gets a facelift; adds to the spiritual ambiance
- Lampshade Writers’ debut poetry reading session brings together avid poetry lovers of Kolkata
- Sona Group’s CSR efforts to benefit differently-abled women
- Now, startup HireMee’s assessment services on National Career Service portal
- Robotic Surgery in India is growing and increasing the application footprint: Vattikuti Foundation CEO Mahendra Bhandari
- Karnataka skilling, digital economy bodies partner HireMee for assessment, skill-building
- Madhya Pradesh government partners with SaaS-based assessment platform HireMee
- Vattikuti Foundation Robotic Surgery Fellowships to grow pool of accomplished surgeons
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.