NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Feb 2018
Do you remember the last time you read a story that felt like you had exactly the same thing to say? Do you sometimes feel that there might be people living the same lives as you, feeling the same things, just expressing better? Well there are.
Power Publishers' latest release 'Ruffled Feathers' penned by a group of eight authors, each from different walks of life, is a treat to keep you inspired for months to come.
Ingenious writers, as they call themselves, have delivered some beautiful slice-of-life stories and soulful poems that are bound to stir up the writer in you.
The stories have been penned in simple and articulate English, making them a breezy read for readers of all ages and literary preferences.
From stories of domestic abuse and infidelity to stories of love that blossoms even as time takes its relentless smites, the creations are magnanimous even in their short lengths.
A few poems like ‘beyond’ and ‘Call’ stand out with the intricate portrayal of deep emotions and undoubtedly count as one of the best in recent times.
What makes this collection of stories and poems all the more noteworthy is the fact that all the eight authors are women, some in their late teens and some in the late 30s, some mothers while some are top professionals in their respective fields, taking a shot at giving the writer in them a free expression, as they fight grueling schedules and responsibilities.
The book is an ode to all those out there who attempt to hold on to their little aspirations whilst this madness we call life, plays around in repeat mode!
Priced at Rs 260, the book is now available at all leading online bookstores like flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal.
(Reviewed by Anupriya Dutta)
- Short musical film on goddess Durga brings together who’s who of art and film world
- Octogenarian journalist Mark Tully laments sensationalism of TV news channels, prefers radio
- Unique magnetic water treatment tech brings accolades to students of Sona College
- Feminism to me means each of us has the freedom of choice: Mallika Sarabhai
- Author interview: Dr.Subramonian on his book with the world's longest title
- Author interview: Priyank Talesara on his book ‘The Return of the Lost Civilizations: The forgotten Agreement’
- Book with world’s longest title, authored by Dr. Subromonian, released
- Book review: What happens when a forgotten agreement poses a challenge for the human world
- Shree Cement East Bengal Foundation (SCEBF) to carry forward the legacy of East Bengal
- Na-Ru-Meg… the rooftop café with a view
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.
Kolkata/UNI/NITN: Air India, the Asian country's national airline, is actively considering reintroduction of its Kolkata-London-Kolkata direct flight soon after getting nod from the Aviation Ministry and Airport Authority of India (AAI) and clearance of other technicalities.