NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Feb 2018, 12:37 pm
Do you remember the last time you read a story that felt like you had exactly the same thing to say? Do you sometimes feel that there might be people living the same lives as you, feeling the same things, just expressing better? Well there are.
Power Publishers' latest release 'Ruffled Feathers' penned by a group of eight authors, each from different walks of life, is a treat to keep you inspired for months to come.
Ingenious writers, as they call themselves, have delivered some beautiful slice-of-life stories and soulful poems that are bound to stir up the writer in you.
The stories have been penned in simple and articulate English, making them a breezy read for readers of all ages and literary preferences.
From stories of domestic abuse and infidelity to stories of love that blossoms even as time takes its relentless smites, the creations are magnanimous even in their short lengths.
A few poems like ‘beyond’ and ‘Call’ stand out with the intricate portrayal of deep emotions and undoubtedly count as one of the best in recent times.
What makes this collection of stories and poems all the more noteworthy is the fact that all the eight authors are women, some in their late teens and some in the late 30s, some mothers while some are top professionals in their respective fields, taking a shot at giving the writer in them a free expression, as they fight grueling schedules and responsibilities.
The book is an ode to all those out there who attempt to hold on to their little aspirations whilst this madness we call life, plays around in repeat mode!
Priced at Rs 260, the book is now available at all leading online bookstores like flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal.
(Reviewed by Anupriya Dutta)
- Cathedral of The Most Holy Rosary in Kolkata holds special mass and inter faith meet
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation hosts 2022 Booker Prize winner Geetanjali Shree at India International Centre
- Polyglot-educationist Father Nirmol Gomes to be ordained Bishop of Krishnanagar diocese
- Non-utility sector main focus in IEEMA's eastern region flagship event; over 82 senior officials to join
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation celebrates women achiever Priti Rathi Gupta in UK
- Thiagarajar Polytechnic College celebrates its 64th Annual Day with over 1500 students
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation revs up literary and cultural cachet with UK collaborations
- Eastern Railway sensitises people on International Level Crossings Awareness Day
- Excessive concretization has caused uprooting of trees in Delhi: WWF Official
- Illustrations can advance the story as well as the text for children who can't read: Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan
Mumbai: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala promoted budget carrier Akasa Air is all set to hit the skies with its maiden commercial flight on August 7, starting with Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Kochi with two Boeing 737 Max aircraft, the company announced Friday.
Indian airline SpiceJet has announced the launch of new daily flights connecting Jabalpur with Kolkata starting Jul 22.
Colombo: Flydubai's flights between Dubai and Colombo have been suspended until further notice, it was reported on Tuesday.