NITN | @notintownlive | 23 Feb 2018, 12:07 pm
Author Hiren Sanyal says his debut English novel revolves around the principles of Indian philosophy
Congratulations on the release of 'Reminded: Mother India'. We believe this is your debut as an Indian writer in English. What are your other published works?
I authored several books in Bengali and these were published by eminent publisher, Dey’s Publishing, Kolkata. Some of them are Bhalomanusher Chhora; Samay, Samaj O Sarada; Bharatiya Samaj Bikasher Baishistya, Bharat Sandhane Bango, Mahabharoter Darpone, etc.
What is 'Reminded: Mother India' about?
Everybody in this world, all inhabitants of this mother earth, are India’s relatives. In spite of numerous variations in modern civilization, the novel expresses a notion of unity and mankind. The story revolves centering a little boy’s life. His journey to the maturity, humanity and greatness of the life. To the spirit of Indianness and Indian philosophy. Just in opposition to the commercialism and so called modernism of present age.
As a reader what are the genres you are particularly interested in?
Serious and thoughtful genre.
Which kind of writing by Indian authors do you like?
Almost all serious types of writings.
What kind of reader base are you expecting?
I believe that Classical literature is always value based. So, as per my expectation, all literature-loving and value based people will be my readers.
Any plans on your next book?
- India is collection of nations, like Europe: Lord Meghnad Desai
- Don't see any solution with Pakistan round the corner: Author Prem Prakash
- Won't join politics as I can't change my personality: Kapil Dev
- Author interview: Dr Vipin Gupta on his book 'What is Divine Energy'
- Book review: Bambino is an English translation of Pratima Dhar's Bengali book Nabajatak ‘
- Sahir Ludhianvi's songs have tinge of melancholy in the idea of romance: Author Nasreen Munni Kabir
- It’s Christmas time and there’s a Carnival at all Starmark stores
- Sigmund Freud Museum reopens in a new format
- Innovative Sustainable Building Material project wins Sona students accolades
- 'The only solution to Covid-19 is herd immunity': Kolkata-based homeopath Dr. Pratip Banerji
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Kochi/NITN: India's private airline IndiGo commenced two weekly flights between India and Maldives under air bubble from Friday.