NITN | @notintownlive | 18 May 2020
New Delhi/NITN: Over 5000 fresh COVID-19 cases were reported in India on Sunday as the total number of infected people in the country now stands at 96,169, as per data released by the Ministry of Health.
The country has added 5,242 new COVID-19 positive cases, marking the biggest single-day spike.
The death toll due to COVID-19 now stands at 3029.
There are 56316 active cases in the country at present.
So far, 36823 people have recovered from the highly infectious disease in India.
India entered the fourth phase of the extended lockdown from Monday.
The Indian government extended the lockdown on Sunday.
- World slowly starts travelling again: UN Tourism Organization
- Sarovar Hotels and Resorts implements touchless service and other protocols for post pandemic opening
- India records over 5000 COVID-19 cases on a single day, death toll now stands at 3029
- Zimbabwe's COVID-19 cases climb to 46
- Iran reports 2,294 new COVID-19 cases, 122,492 in total
- COVID-19 cases in Nepal cross 300 mark
- Bangladesh reports 21 COVID-19 deaths, 1602 new cases in last 24 hrs
- Slovenia becomes the first European country to call off COVID-19 pandemic
- Turkey launches “Healthy Tourism Certification” programme
- Pakistan ranks 19th in COVID-19 infected list
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Effective Jun 10, Etihad Airways will link 20 cities in Europe, Asia and Australia via Abu Dhabi.
Istanbul/Xinhua/UNI: Turkey's airline companies resumed their domestic operations on Monday with a limited number of flights after two months of closure over the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kolkata/NITN: Marriott International, as part of its initiative to encourage people to travel in the post-pandemic revival phase, has announced a limited time offer curated specially for their hotels across South Asia.