NITN | @notintownlive | 14 Feb 2021, 10:52 pm
Tel Aviv/Sputnik: Israel's coronavirus cabinet has allowed up to 2,000 foreign air travelers to enter the country every day, the prime minister’s office and the health ministry said Sunday.
"The ministerial cabinet has endorsed the transport minister’s plan for inbound and outgoing flights … Up to 2,000 people will be able to fly into Israel every day," a statement read.
The defense ministry has been tasked with contracting hotels where arrivals will be quarantined.
Israel largely closed Ben Gurion Airport, the Jewish state’s main gateway, on January 25 in an effort to prevent mutant coronavirus strains from entering.
- Saudi Tourism Authority launches ‘Journeys in Arabia’, wooes Indian tourists
- Turkey received 15.9 million tourists in 2020 despite pandemic
- Austria: Finding romance in Vienna
- Jammu and Kashmir: Night flights at Srinagar Airport likely from next month
- Jammu and Kashmir: Sonamarg to be thrown open on Feb 24
- UNWTO trains Caribbean travel industry to effectively use statistics to restart tourism
- Take a cycle safari through Manas National Park
- Israel to allow 2,000 air travelers to enter every day
- Jammu and Kashmir: Tourism Deptt hosts cultural evening at Bahu Gandola station
- UNWTO General Assembly to meet in Morocco this year
New Delhi: Russia's flagship airline Aeroflot on Friday resumed flights enrouted Moscow-New Delhi and New Delhi-Moscow under the air bubble agreement, officials said.
Phnom Penh/New Delhi:India and Cambodia will soon be connected by a direct flight, media reports said.
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Etihad Airways, the national carrier for the UAE, is making it easier for students to travel between university and home or to discover new horizons and cultures, with the launch of its Global Student offer.