NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Apr 2021, 12:04 am
Madrid/UNI: Travelers arriving in Spain from India will be subject to a 10-day quarantine starting from May 1.
The measure is a response to a devastating wave of coronavirus sweeping across India recently, which, the Spanish government said, has led to countries such as France, Italy, Britain and Indonesia adopting restrictions to travelers arriving from India.
People who have to undergo the quarantine will only be allowed to leave their homes for food, medicines and other essentials, according to the Official State Gazette (BOE) on Wednesday.
They could shorten their quarantine period with a negative result from a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test taken on the seventh day of isolation.
This decision followed an announcement by the Ministry of Health on Tuesday that restrictions on people entering Spain from Brazil and South Africa have been extended till May 11.
On Monday, the Health Ministry confirmed that Spain has recorded a total of 3,496,134 coronavirus cases and 77,855 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Some 14,994,667 doses of vaccine have been administered across the country, with 4,020,945 people having received both shots.
- Cathay Pacific undertakes delivery of emergency medical supplies to India
- Award-winning film debuts on GoUSA TV on National Parks Adventure’s 5-yr anniversary
- Turkey to exempt restrictions for foreign tourists
- Seychelles to allow entry to vaccinated visitors from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Spain to impose 10-day quarantine for arrivals from India
- Indonesia plans travel bubble in Bali, Batam and Bintan to bring back foreign tourists
- Canada bans passenger flights from India and Pakistan for 30 days
- Pashupathinath temple closed in Nepal amid surge in cases
- Turkey holds B2B events to keep global decision-makers in loop about its Safe Tourism program
- Turkey vaccinates tourism employees to make it safer for travellers
Abu Dhabi: From 12 May 2021, travellers flying from Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, will be able to validate their Covid-19 travel documents before arriving at the airport. Guests can arrive at the airport with confidence and with peace of mind, knowing they have met all essential requirements before their flight.
Mumbai/NITN: Passengers on AirAsia India can now make free unlimited changes for all bookings and changes made till May 15, 2021, according to the airlines.
New Delhi: Russia's flagship airline Aeroflot on Friday resumed flights enrouted Moscow-New Delhi and New Delhi-Moscow under the air bubble agreement, officials said.