NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Jun 2021, 05:06 am
Rovaniemi (Finland): After a long winter, Rovaniemi, the official hometown of Santa Claus, is ready to bask in the glory of spring.
A walk through the countryside reveals that nature is being reborn in Lapland.
Ice on the rivers Ounasjoki and Kemijoki has melted, snow is gone, the birds have returned and the baby reindeer are taking their first steps.
There is more and more daylight every day and soon it will be summer and the Midnight Sun Season - between mid-June and mid-August.
The 24 hours of daylight offers a season filled with summer activities and events.
Visitors can also enjoy a visit to Santa Claus Village on the Arctic Circle.
According to Visit Rovaniemi, visitors can choose from a variety of magical accommodations under the Midnight Sun, enjoy arctic delicacies at local restaurants and cafes, join the daily summer activities and of course fall in love with the mellow happiness of Christmas magic all year round.
- Hong Kong Lowers Vaccination Age to 12
- Mauritius will open for international travel on July 15
- Separate dedicated channel for passengers arriving at UK’s Heathrow Airport from Red List countries
- Netherlands allows flights from India, Italy ban continues
- Indigo adds Darbhanga to domestic network, flights to Kolkata and Hyderabad from July
- Go on a virtual tour of UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bhimbetka in Madhya Pradesh
- Have you seen these 8 popular aquariums of India?
- Phuket to welcome international travellers from low risk countries, India not on list yet
- UNWTO initiative ‘Best Tourism Villages’ to focus on those pursuing Sustainable Development Goals
- Spring arrives in Santa hometown, Finnish Lapland awaits a summer full of fun activities
Kolkata/NITN: Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation (MPSTDC) has announced that it is opening its properties for the upcoming monsoon season.
Abu Dhabi: From 12 May 2021, travellers flying from Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, will be able to validate their Covid-19 travel documents before arriving at the airport. Guests can arrive at the airport with confidence and with peace of mind, knowing they have met all essential requirements before their flight.
Mumbai/NITN: Passengers on AirAsia India can now make free unlimited changes for all bookings and changes made till May 15, 2021, according to the airlines.