NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Jul 2021, 06:38 am
Not a swimming pool in an exotic foreign location but a quaint pool in the lap of the Himalayas has made its way into the travel bucket list of Mahindra Group chairman, Anand Mahindra.
"Whaaaat?? I’ve never seen anything like this. This HAS to go in my travel bucket list as the ultimate swimming experience," the Indian industrialist wrote on Twitter.
Whaaaat?? I’ve never seen anything like this. This HAS to go in my travel bucket list as the ultimate swimming experience. Where exactly is this @Sidbakaria ? Need GPS coordinates! https://t.co/lfOciyiCyQ— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) July 6, 2021
He was referring to a post by Siddharth Bakaria, President, Sahyog Foundation, where Bakaria had shared an image of a person swimming in an alfresco pool tucked among verdant slopes, the water reflecting the shiny blue of the sky.
No other swimming pool is better than this natural swimming pool pic.twitter.com/OAmDAabSgt— Siddharth Bakaria HimachalðŸ‡®ðŸ‡³ (@Sidbakaria) May 30, 2021
Bakaria had posted this image by photographer Dhami Naresh on May 30.
Of course, some people have pointed to the stone wall around the waterbody and said it is not a natural pool but a man-made one; but nothing can take away the beauty of the picture or the place
Mahindra, no sooner than he saw the post and inquired about its coordinates.
The image was taken at a small hamlet named Dharchula in Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand. Surrounded by Himalayan snow peaks, it lies on the famous Kailash Mansarovar trail.
- Jeff Bezos travels to space in his private rocket New Shepard
- The Singapore Tourism Board, in partnership with Voot Kids, presents “Chhota Bheem – Adventures in Singapore”
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights to open on July 27; for fully vaccinated visitors only
- Sonmarg in Kashmir closed for day picnickers for next two weekends to prevent COVID resurgence
- Global Tourism Plastics Initiative works to reduce use of plastics in tourism sector
- South Australia has started opening borders for interstate travel
- Industrialist Anand Mahindra picks unknown Himalayan pool on the travel bucket list
- Bengaluru city railway station first in country to get a tunnel aquarium
- Select European countries clear India’s Covishield, EU holds back
- Have you been to the Scotland of the East? Here is a list of things to see in Shillong
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines is all set to resume flights to the Russian capital Moscow after a break of six years.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: UAE's second flag carrier Etihad Airways has extended its ‘Verified To Fly’ travel document initiative, enabling travelers to validate their Covid-19 travel documents before arriving at the airport, to routes across its global network.
Mumbai: AirAsia India on Friday operated 9 flights with fully vaccinated crew including cabin crew and pilots, the airline said.