NITN | @notintownlive | 14 Sep 2021, 09:50 am
This steam hauled toy train service was started from Aug 30 this year to fulfil the demands of tourists and to also promote the local tourism sector.
The 'Steam Jungle Tea Safari' toy train service has been planned to run on a regular basis depending on demand.
It is provided with the facilities of a Vistadome coach and hauled by a heritage steam engine. The toy train travels through the scenic beauty of the tea gardens apart from breathtaking views of lower Himalayan hills.
Tourists can enjoy the on train services while making celebrations by riding through the unique “Steam Jungle Tea Safari”. There are provisions for 14 passengers in the Vistadome coach. However additional coaches can also be attached depending on demands.
The train (No. 52556) provides up - down evening services leaving from Siliguri junction at 14-45 hours to reach Rongtong at 16-20 hours.
On the return journey, the train departs from Rongtong at 16-40 hours to reach Siliguri junction at 18-05 hours. The train has a stoppage at Sukna station during both journeys. Interested tourists can also make a visit to the museum at Sukna station.
During this three-hour journey, tourists can enjoy the flavour of the world famous Darjeeling tea.
Since the introduction of this Toy Train, N. F. Railway is getting good response from tourists. This unique “Steam Jungle Tea Safari” is an ideal way to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and get-togethers on a UNESCO World Heritage site. N. F. Railway is hopeful to attract more and more tourists and promote the tourism industry in the region in coming days.
- Famous waxwork museum Madame Tussauds Dubai opening in October
- Bangkok and other popular Thai destinations likely to reopen from October 1
- NF Railway launches 'Stream Jungle Tea Safari' to promote tourism in Darjeeling
- Mussoorie restricts number of visitors during weekends, negative RT-PCR report must
- Fully vaccinated Indian tourists to Turkey need no mandatory quarantine
- Abu Dhabi welcomes all vaccinated travellers from across world, lifts quarantine measures
- UT of Ladakh identifies its state animal and bird
- Enjoy Jungle Tea Toy-Train Safari on the world famous DHR
- Meghalaya reopens for fully vaccinated tourists, pre-registration necessary
- Darjeeling Toy Train resumes operation, honoured by UN Postal department
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.