NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Oct 2021, 02:21 am
With vaccination progressing at a fast pace in India, travellers who got double shots are looking to explore overseas destinations again along with domestic tourist magnets.
According to Daniel D’souza, President & Country Head, SOTC Travel, there is a surge in travel demand during the ongoing festive season and on the long weekends.
“With number of fully vaccinated travellers on the rise, coupled with re-opening of borders, confidence in air-travel is on the rise. We are witnessing a surge in queries and bookings for air-inclusive deals to Dubai, Maldives, Europe, etc. for international destinations," D'souza said.
"There has been a shift in demand from emergency travel to leisure demands. Our current demand is at 60-70% more and witnessing an uptick for Dubai with Expo 2020 being a major attraction, Switzerland and France, while Maldives continues to be a favourite," he said.
"On the domestic front air-inclusive deals have been generating a good response for Kashmir, Leh-Ladakh, North East, Rajasthan, Goa and Andamans across customer segments,” he said.
- Fully vaccinated Indian travellers are booking for Dubai, Maldives and Europe: SOTC Travel
- Rann Utsav of Gujarat begins on November 1 this year
- No quarantine in Turkey for Covishield-Sputnik vaccinated Indians, to extend same for Covaxin after WHO nod
- Chicago again wins USA's Best Big City award by readers of Conde Nast Traveler
- India relaxes tourist visa norms in phases starting October 15
- Pune airport to remain closed to air traffic in October
- Australia won't welcome international tourists until 2022: PM Morrison
- Australia reveals plan to resume international travel, ease border restrictions
- ‘Time to rethink, transform, and safely restart tourism’, says UN chief
- Famous waxwork museum Madame Tussauds Dubai opening in October
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, is giving all of its guests travelling into or via Abu Dhabi a complimentary ticket to Expo 2020 Dubai, the biggest cultural gathering in the world.
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.