NITN | @notintownlive | 21 Feb 2022, 11:49 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: Regular international flights are likely to resume from March 15 after remaining suspended for almost two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, media reports quoting government sources said on Monday.
According to reports, the aviation ministry has taken up the issue with the health ministry to arrive at a decision to regularise international flights.
Earlier this month, the Centre revised its COVID-19 guidelines for international arrivals, removing the category of 'at risk' countries, which was introduced in the wake of the Omicron variant's spread, and also recommending self-monitoring of 14 days for any symptoms against the current seven days of home quarantine.
Since July 2020, special passenger flights have been functioning between India and around 40 countries under air bubble arrangements.
As per the new guidelines by the health ministry which is effective from Feb 14, all foreign arrivals must fill out a self-declaration form online (available at the Air Suvidha web portal), which includes a travel history of the past 14 days.
They must also upload a negative RT-PCR test that was conducted within 72 hours of the travel date.
- Newly launched booking site QuietHotelRooms.com helps travellers sleep better
- Air Canada to begin operations after flight attendants decide to end strike
- Kolkata gets its first direct Metro to airport; PM Modi set to open 3 game changing routes on Aug 22
- Air Canada flights remain grounded as striking union defies order to resume work
- Uber introduces Intercity Motorhomes as it expands to 3,000 routes in India
- High Commission issues advisory for Indians travelling to Malaysia
- Grand Egyptian Museum to open its doors on Nov1
- Aadhaar OTP now mandatory for online Tatkal train bookings
- PM Modi to launch Bengaluru Metro's Yellow Line, new Vande Bharat Express
- IndiGo slapped with heavy fine for providing ‘unhygienic, dirty seat’ to passenger
Air New Zealand has announced plans to host a live inflight concert, ‘SYNTHONY in the Sky’, on Dec 4 aboard Flight NZ1331 from Auckland to Sydney.
Qatar Airways will move its New York operations to The New Terminal One at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in 2026. As part of the relocation, the airline plans to open a 15,000-square-foot lounge, its first dedicated facility in both New York City and the United States.
All Air Canada planes remained grounded late Saturday despite the Canadian government intervening to end a strike called by cabin crew members that resulted in hundreds of flights being cancelled and triggered chaos, media reports said.