NITN | @notintownlive | 11 May 2022, 11:43 am
Cologne/NITN: International travellers visiting the European Union (EU) next week onwards will not be required to wear masks at airports or on aircraft, EU authorities informed Wednesday.
The European Union Aviation Safety Agency said the latest joint decision made with the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control was taken to bring back the sense of normalcy to international travel.
The new guideline takes account of the latest developments in the pandemic, in particular, the levels of vaccination and naturally acquired immunity, and the accompanying lifting of restrictions in a growing number of European countries, the joint statement of the aforementioned authorities read.
The new recommendation will be in effect from May 16, rules related to wearing a mask can differ from airline to airline beyond the specified date depending on the rules in the country they are flying to or from, it said.
- Eighth Bahrain Food Festival to be held in February this year
- City of the Taj Mahal gears up for its annual festival; revised dates of the Taj Mahotsav in Agra announced
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives woos couples with special Valentine’s Day offers
- UNWTO: Expects global tourism to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2024 subject to pent-up demand, increased air travel and stronger Asian markets
- Not interested in mass tourism: Mizoram Chief Minister Lalduhoma
- Kuda Villingili Maldives recognized as The Best Honeymoon Hotel 2023 by The White Awards
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty enjoys at Kuda Villingili Resort in Maldives with family
- Destinations offering digital nomad visas on the rise, says latest report from World Tourism Organisation
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives transforms into carnival land for year-end holidays
- UNWTO names Gujarat's Dhordo as 'best tourism village' of 2023
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.