NITN | @notintownlive | 11 May 2022, 11:43 am
Cologne/NITN: International travellers visiting the European Union (EU) next week onwards will not be required to wear masks at airports or on aircraft, EU authorities informed Wednesday.
The European Union Aviation Safety Agency said the latest joint decision made with the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control was taken to bring back the sense of normalcy to international travel.
The new guideline takes account of the latest developments in the pandemic, in particular, the levels of vaccination and naturally acquired immunity, and the accompanying lifting of restrictions in a growing number of European countries, the joint statement of the aforementioned authorities read.
The new recommendation will be in effect from May 16, rules related to wearing a mask can differ from airline to airline beyond the specified date depending on the rules in the country they are flying to or from, it said.
- Spain relaxes Covid19 travel procedure for UK citizens
- Saudi Arabia prohibits travel to India and 15 other nations
- Sentosa Island in Singapore woos Indian tourists with more attractions on golden jubilee year
- Sydney hosts mega tourism event
- Germany: Lufthansa apologizes for not letting orthodox Jews to board
- European Union removes mask requirement for air travel
- US removes 'Do Not Travel' advice for multiple EU nations
- The Best Sports Movies Ever
- Singapore Tourism Board invites Indian travellers, simplifies vaccinated travel arrangements
- Pre boarding test removed for fully vaccinated travellers enroute to India from UAE
New Delhi: Hospitality technology platform OYO has announced that its customers will be eligible for a free stay after every 5 night stays in an initiative to boost travel in post-pandemic India.
With international travel having resumed from India and with summer holidays just round the corner, Singapore Airlines, in collaboration with Singapore Tourism Board, is offering a special family promotion on summer travel to Singapore.
Westchester: American startup airline Breeze Airways announced plans to add cross country flights from Westchester Airport to capture the suburban travel market.