NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Aug 2022, 08:03 am
Image Credit: Unsplash
New Delhi: Budget-carrier Indigo will introduce new flights between Mumbai and Ras Al Khaimah with effect from Sept. 22, as per media reports.
Chief Strategy and Revenue Officer at IndiGo Sanjay Kumar said, “We are pleased to announce our entry into the fourth Emirate with Ras Al Khaimah as our 26th international and 100th overall destination.
"These new flights will cater to the high demand for travel to Ras Al Khaimah, with India being the third largest international source market for the city in 2021, and traffic expected to reach pre-pandemic levels this year.
“The increased connectivity will not only bolster trade but also strengthen sustainable and responsible tourism between the countries.”
CEO of Ras Al Khaimah International Airport Atanasios Titonis said, “We envisage a huge array of opportunities coming in from the Indian subcontinent with the start of this operation as Mumbai is a major airline hub and it can further connect our passengers to several destinations within India and also other international destinations served by IndiGo.”
Chairman of the Department of Civil Aviation Ras Al Khaimah and Ras Al Khaimah International Airport Sheikh Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi said, “Ras Al Khaimah’s thriving tourism and industrial sector will benefit from this connectivity and I am confident that this partnership will prove to be an important piece in our ongoing expansion strategy for the airport.”
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
- Narendra Modi to launch world's longest cruise journey that will connect Varanasi-Dhaka-Dibrugarh
- Singapore continues to welcome vaccinated Indian visitors without testing or quarantine
- Jammu and Kashmir: Seven lakh tourists visit Pahalgam
- Annual Illuminate San Francisco Festival begins on Nov 9 to celebrate the city's vibrant art scene
- KFC India rolling out all-digital smart restaurants to speed up customer service
- Jumeirah Group announces stunning new retreat in Bahrain
- Italian film festival gets underway in Kolkata with screening of six contemporary films
- Take deep dive into Virginia's EdVenture Experiences in USA
- Why Backpacking Is the Best Way for Millennials to Travel
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.