NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Aug 2022, 01:24 am
Image Credit: Chenab Bridge
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir witnessed a glorious moment recently when the 'Golden Joint' of the Chenab railway bridge was launched on Saturday.
With this step, the world's highest railway bridge was inaugurated.
The workers, who were associated with the creation of the bridge, decorated the world's highest bridge in Reasi district with the tricolour.
It was performed as a part of the 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav'.
The workers celebrated the moment by hoisting the national flag.
Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw tweeted a video of the bridge and tweeted: "Golden joint work completed. Deck closure ceremony at the world’s highest rail bridge. Jai Hind !"
The Ministry of Railways tweeted: "Our national pride flying high at world's highest Railway arch bridge, Chenab bridge, as the Golden Joint work is finished today. With this, the deck of the bridge stands completed."
Locals are elated that the construction of the bridge and rail connection will better their lives.
“We hear trains will be run next year. Since there’s a railway station near our village, I can send my produce to Srinagar or other parts of the valley,” Mohan Bagat looking at his maize told Village Square.
“So far I’ve not been able to sell my maize outside Ramban town. But now I hope to get good returns by sending it to better markets,” Bagat said.
“Fifteen years ago when I heard the news on the local radio about a proposal to run a train between Udhampur and Srinagar, I remember having a sarcastic laugh,” Ghulam Mohammad Wagay, who sells shawls, told the portal. “Now I see that it has become a reality.”
“Since the bridge has been inaugurated now, the work on laying of railway track will start soon,” Sanjay Gupta, Chairman, and MD of Konkan Railway, the main railway company working on the USBRL project, told Village Square.
Our national pride ðŸ‡®ðŸ‡³ flying high at world's highest Railway arch bridge, Chenab bridge, as the Golden Joint work is finished today.With this, deck of the bridge stands completed.#HarGharTiranga pic.twitter.com/NWeU8MfT7M— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) August 13, 2022
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
- Narendra Modi to launch world's longest cruise journey that will connect Varanasi-Dhaka-Dibrugarh
- Singapore continues to welcome vaccinated Indian visitors without testing or quarantine
- Jammu and Kashmir: Seven lakh tourists visit Pahalgam
- Annual Illuminate San Francisco Festival begins on Nov 9 to celebrate the city's vibrant art scene
- KFC India rolling out all-digital smart restaurants to speed up customer service
- Jumeirah Group announces stunning new retreat in Bahrain
- Italian film festival gets underway in Kolkata with screening of six contemporary films
- Take deep dive into Virginia's EdVenture Experiences in USA
- Why Backpacking Is the Best Way for Millennials to Travel
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.