NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Apr 2023, 12:18 am
Jaipur: Kaner Retreat, India’s first desert botanical resort near Jodhpur in Rajasthan, has been featured in the international coffee table book Desert Escapes as the world’s most incredible places to stay.
The coffee table book profiling 40 unique desert properties around the world is published internationally by Belgium-based Lannoo Publishers. Stunning imagery and evocative writing by Karen Gardiner, acclaimed travel writer, makes this elegant book a treasured collection.
“It is a great honour as only 2 properties from India made it to this elegant book and Kaner is one of them. The publishers found the concept of a resort around the narrative of desert botany unique,” said Sapna Bhatia, founder, Kaner Retreat.
Kaner, another name for the Oleander flower and commonly known as the Desert Rose, is an apt name for this boutique retreat brought to life by Sapna Bhatia, who grew up in the Thar Desert.
After many years in Delhi and London as an international journalist, Sapna decided it was time to share the magic of the desert with others while promoting sustainable local tourism in the process.
Thus, India's first desert botanical resort was born.
Kaner Retreat opened in 2022 and has been welcoming guests from all over the world.
With 10 villas in a 7 acre property Kaner Retreat provides an intimate introduction into the quiet brilliance of the Thar Desert.Kaner Retreat is located near Jodhpur in Dera village.
- Singapore's Changi airport to go passport-free, set to introduce automated immigration clearance
- Maharashtra Tourism puts Ganesh Festival on the international map
- Indian market remains one of the fastest growing for us, says Melia Hotels International at Kolkata roadshow
- India’s Ministry of Tourism and UNWTO launch G20 Tourism and SDG dashboard
- Canada issues travel advisory to LGBTQ+ citizens on visits to certain states of the US
- Radisson RED Tbilisi: Bridging heritage and modern luxury in Georgia's capital
- Hyatt Hotels adds historic Fordson Hotel in Oklahoma City to The Unbound Collection
- Ireland's adventures and cuisine highlighted in tourism collaboration with Huckberry
- Qatar Toy Festival wraps up After Record-Breaking Success, Delighting Families with a Summer of Fun
- Prague's MOSAIC HOUSE: Top European hotel of 2023
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.