NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Aug 2019
Kolkata, Aug 27: The first-ever Public Private Partnership of the Sikkim Government in Eco Adventure Tourism sector opens at the Temi Tea Estate with the inauguration of the Eco Adventure Resorts at Temi Tea Estate in Sikkim where a heritage structure, Bada Bungalow, has been transformed into a Eco Adventure Hub which has 5 rooms along with 7 cottages, a view desk and a casino lounge.
The property is expected to be inaugurated by the Minister for Tourism Mr BS Pant.
The multi crore investment shall be a gateway for both domestic and International tourists and the promoters are eyeing tourists from countries like Japan, European countries.
The forthcoming Cherry blossom festival shall be another major attraction for tourists coming in to Temi.
Facilities of international standard like trekking, mountain hiking, mountain trails, prara gliding and indoor recreations like casinos are major traction for tourists.
The resort shall also champion the cause of environmentally conscious and responsible tourism, local employment generation.
Arijit Dutta, MD PEPL says, "We shall strive to uphold and enhance the historic value of this property and showcase the culture and heritage through the prestigious resort. We shall bring on table PEPL’s knowledge and experience gained from the path breaking and successful Eco Adventure Resort at Khairabera, Purulia and realise our dream of Eco Adventure Hill Tourism".
- International Rhino Foundation awards emergency grant for tourism economy and rhinos in Southern Africa
- COVID-19: Tourists to be allowed to enter J&K UT from July 14, guidelines released
- World Travel and Tourism Council declares Jordan a safe destination
- UNWTO names Giorgio Armani and Gino Sorbillo Special Ambassadors for Tourism
- Turkey resumes tourism and international flights
- Sri Lanka Tourism opens for international tourists from Aug 1
- Hospitality in the time of a pandemic
- World slowly starts travelling again: UN Tourism Organization
- Sarovar Hotels and Resorts implements touchless service and other protocols for post pandemic opening
- India records over 5000 COVID-19 cases on a single day, death toll now stands at 3029
New Delhi/NITN: Indian airline GoAir has clocked more than 100 international charter flights and repatriated 18,195 stranded Indians.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Following the partial lifting of international flight restrictions by UAE and Indian authorities on travel for eligible individuals to and from Abu Dhabi to India, Etihad Airways will resume a limited number of special flights to six Indian gateways.
Abu Dhabi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a codeshare agreement with Abu Dhabi’s first low-cost airline, Air Arabia Abu Dhabi.