News
Travel
India treating Coronavirus outbreak as 'notified disaster'

NITN | @@notintownlive | 14 Mar 2020, 06:36 am

India treating Coronavirus outbreak as 'notified disaster'

New Delhi/NITN: The Indian government on Saturday said it is treating Coronavirus outbreak in the country as a 'notified disaster'.

"Government decides to treat #CoronavirusinIndia as a notified disaster for the purpose of providing assistance under the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF)," the Press Information Bureau tweeted.

As per a letter from the Home Ministry, Rs 4 lakh will be given to the families of those whose deaths have been linked to the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, reported NDTV.

So far, 84 people including 10 cured have been infected by the virus and two people have died.

1,32,000 people have been infected in 132 countries.

In the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak in India, the US Embassy and Consulates in the country on Saturday said it has cancelled all visa appointments from Mar 16.

The Official Twitter handle of the embassy said, "U.S. Mission India posts, in light of the global COVID-19 pandemic, are cancelling immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments from March 16, 2020, onward. "

Air New Zealand to host one ...

Air New Zealand has announced plans to host a live inflight concert, ‘SYNTHONY in the Sky’, on Dec 4 aboard Flight NZ1331 from Auckland to Sydney.

Qatar Airways to commence o ...

Qatar Airways will move its New York operations to The New Terminal One at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in 2026. As part of the relocation, the airline plans to open a 15,000-square-foot lounge, its first dedicated facility in both New York City and the United States.

Air Canada flights remain g ...

All Air Canada planes remained grounded late Saturday despite the Canadian government intervening to end a strike called by cabin crew members that resulted in hundreds of flights being cancelled and triggered chaos, media reports said.