NITN | @notintownlive | 22 Nov 2017, 08:28 am
ITC Hotels is presenting gourmet connoisseurs a unique experience from its signature brands paired with premium beverages, across the country.
The first of the series pop-up is ITC Hotels' signature Italian brand - Ottimo at West View Bar & Grill, ITC Sonar, in Kolkata.
Ottimo Cucina, Italiana is an endeavor to entice your palate with an array splendid delicacies and authentic Italian flavours, crafted by Chef Vittorio Grecco, says the hotel.
So how about starting with Mushrooms and Truffle Soup and then enjoying a dish of Seafood Risotto followed by Braised Jaipur Lamb shank with Vegetables in Red Wine Jus and wrapping up with a Hazelnut Panacotta for dessert?
Trust chef Vittorio Greco for the classy menu who hails from the South of Italy. This Italian Master Chef embraced the fine art of cooking over 25 years ago during the summer of 1983 in Tuscany’s island of Elba. After a diploma in culinary science, his travels took him across Pledmont, Parma, Vesilla, dabbling with being a restaurateur and chef.
In his current role Chef Greco is heading the Ottimo Cucina Italiana- Italian Restaurant at ITC Grand Chola in Chennai, ITC Maurya in Delhi and ITC Gardenia Hotel. He is inclined towards traditional Italian cuisine.
A member of the Italian worldwide Chefs Association, his culinary philosophy rests in retaining the simplicity and authenticity of the dish while exploring and juxtaposing the season’s freshest produce to create stellar dining experiences.
On offer is the best of Italy for one night in Kolkata
Exclusive Pop Up Date: 25th November 7:30 pm a bespoke 7 course crafted menu with paired beverages - INR 3,500 + applicable taxes per person. Cocktails and hors d' oeuvres
followed by dinner at West View Bar & Grill, ITC Sonar. For reservations please call 033-23454545
(Reviewed by Sujoy Dhar and Susanta Paral)
- Pendry Chicago: My magnificent stay in the city's Magnificent Mile
- Tomorrowland to open magical desert destination Terra Solis Dubai
- Sri Lanka: Four hotels and an Indian fanboy of the island nation
- Hilton Garden Inn: Singapore's Little India vibes and functional comfort
- Our executive chef is Indian as well: Sherene Allaman, Sun International, on why South Africa is an Indian favourite
- Veranda Tamarin: Boho-chic budget beach escape in Mauritius
- Domaine de Grand Baie : Your go-to luxury service apartment in Mauritius
- Le Méridien Ile Maurice: Unleash the lotus eater in Mauritius
- ITC Royal Bengal: Bespoke luxury with reminders from Bengal's aristocratic homes
- Holiday Inn Amsterdam (RAI): Your comfort hotel in the canal city
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.