NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Dec 2021, 07:19 am
Kolkata: Canteen Pub & Grub welcomed the upcoming Christmas season by inviting guests to curate a hearty mixture of dry fruits and nuts for plum cakes with spirits, as part of Canteen's annual Cake Mixing Ceremony.
According to Canteen Pub & Grub owner Swastik Nag, cake mixing is a European tradition in which the mixture is emptied into large containers and stored for days before Christmas, with an occasional stirring involved.
The cake mixing ceremony began with the chefs, members of the pub's staff, and guests mixing the fruits and nuts in a large container, followed by pouring of spirits over them.
The mixture was then tossed and turned until they were completely saturated with the spirit.
Hritojeet Chottopadhy, a Bengali actor, lauded Canteen's annual tradition during the ceremony.
This tradition is observed all over the world and heralds the start of the Christmas season, which would be incomplete without a rich and sumptuous Christmas cake, Hritojeet said.
The cake mixing ceremony was followed by a scrumptious spread to celebrate the festivities with a perfect blend of Christmas spirit and cheer.
- Cruising with Cordelia: 6 highlights from Vizag-Chennai journey
- Yauatcha Kolkata celebrates Dragon Boat Festival with a limited-edition special menu
- A memorable Rendezvous!
- Customers ordering from Kolkata cloud kitchen edabba can curate their own meals
- More Kolkata restaurants and cafes gear up for Father's Day celebration
- Check out what restaurants and cafes in Kolkata are cooking for this Father's Day
- Kolkata based Ølterra is hosting a special monsoon cocktail menu
- Fabriclore presents new collection for summer
- Delhi-based global cuisine restro-bar Warehouse Café now in Kolkata
- Kolkata's literature festival on mishti: A fusion set to awaken sweet buds
New Delhi: Hospitality technology platform OYO has announced that its customers will be eligible for a free stay after every 5 night stays in an initiative to boost travel in post-pandemic India.
With international travel having resumed from India and with summer holidays just round the corner, Singapore Airlines, in collaboration with Singapore Tourism Board, is offering a special family promotion on summer travel to Singapore.
Westchester: American startup airline Breeze Airways announced plans to add cross country flights from Westchester Airport to capture the suburban travel market.