09 May 2015, 07:23 am
“Johnny Balraj, the character I play is more than a fighter; he’s a street cage fighter. I think the character is more about this boy who wants to become a big shot in life, he wants to make money in whatever way it comes.” Kapoor said about his character.
The actor said that Kishore Kumar’s look, especially the curly hair, was an inspiration for his look in the film.
When asked about his favorite actresses of those times, he said, “It would be lovely to go back to the 50’s and the actresses would be Nargis, Waheeda Rahman, and Madhubala. All of them are so beautiful, such great actresses, so much of grace.”
On the criterion he looks for while selecting a script he said, “Saawariya (his debut movie) was accepted not because of the script, I did it for Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He is my mentor; I even assisted him in 'Black'. Over the years you develop your outlook. The stories you like, the characters you like keep on evolving.”
He clarified that Bombay Velvet is not entirely based on the novel. “The world of Bombay Velvet has been adapted from Mumbai Fables, but the story is completely different. Anurag and his team of writers worked for eight years,” he said.
The film's female lead Anushka said she had to train for two months (Vocal Training) for the film.
Anushka kept her silence on the World Cup controversy concerning her boyfriend Virat Kohli while her co-star termed it as “unnecessary”, “insensitive” and a “joke blown out of proportion”.
Both the actors refrained from any comments on the ongoing Salman Khan saga.
- Bookings for Odisha’s annual eco retreats to begin from September 15 this year
- Tawang Marathon: A perfect excuse to visit Arunachal Pradesh in October this year
- Varanasi: The story of Dalmia Bhavan in the City of Surprises
- ITC Hotels and Marriott International collaborate to spotlight millet-based culinary delights globally
- Monsoon getaway: Take a break in the historical town of Mandu in Madhya Pradesh
- Thalaiva Rajinikanth escapes to paradise: Unwinding at luxurious Kuda Villingili Resort in the Maldives
- Captivating summer retreats at Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
- Madhya Pradesh: The Tiger State of India is your best bet of catching up with the magnificent beast in the wild
- Bucket list: Popular street foods of Europe that you must try
- First Person: Football fever strikes Sydney
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.