NTN | @notintownlive | 07 Nov 2019
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
With the sale starting from today, the one-way codeshare agreement between the two carriers will enable Qatar Airways to place its code on IndiGo flights between Doha and Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
This is the second codeshare agreement for IndiGo as part of its growth strategy for international markets. Qatar Airways will place its code “QR” on IndiGo operated flights between the mentioned destinations.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Akbar Al Baker said, “We are extremely proud to secure this strategic partnership with IndiGo, the largest airline in one of the world’s fastest growing aviation markets. We believe this agreement will be just the first step in strengthening our relationship and we very much look forward to working together to harness our complementary strengths and resources, to enhance the travel experience for our passengers around the world.”
IndiGo Chief Executive Officer, Ronojoy Dutta said, “This is a momentous occasion for us, as we sign this codeshare agreement with one of the finest airlines in the world. This strategic alliance will not only strengthen our international operations, but also boost economic growth in India, by bringing in more traffic and heralding opportunities for trade and tourism through seamless mobility. We are confident of a successful partnership, as we extend our signature on-time, courteous and hassle-free service experience to the passengers of Qatar Airways. These are exciting times for the aviation industry and it is our commitment to remain focused in building one of the best air transportation system in the world.”
Image Credit: Qatar Airways Twitter
- GoAir repatriates 37,990 stranded Indians, clocks more than 200 international charter flights
- IndiGo announces it will slash 10 percent of workforce
- GoAir clocks more than 100 international charter flights, repatriates 18,195 stranded Indians
- Etihad Airways to resume special passenger services to six destinations in India
- Etihad Airways announces new codeshare agreement with Air Arabia Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Airways to resume wider network of flights as UAE travel restrictions ease
- India keeps all international passenger flights suspended till Jul 15
- Etihad Airways partners with Medicus AI to launch Covid-19 risk assessment tool
- IndiGo repatriated 751 Indian Nationals from Qatar
- IndiGo repatriated 643 Indian citizens from Qatar and Maldives
New Delhi: Private carrier GoAir has repatriated 37,990 stranded Indians and clocked more than 200 international charter flights till date.
New Delhi/NITN: Private airlines major IndiGo on Monday announced it will lay off 10 per cent of its workforce.
New Delhi/NITN: Indian airline GoAir has clocked more than 100 international charter flights and repatriated 18,195 stranded Indians.