NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Feb 2020, 10:17 am
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
Doha is GoAir’s first destination in the State of Qatar and the 6th in GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries. The Mumbai – Doha – Mumbai flights will commence from 19th March 2020.
GoAir is the aviation foray of 283-year-old Wadia Group that comprises leading brands including 101-year-old Britannia Ltd., 140-year-old Bombay Dyeing, 156-year-old Bombay Burmah, 65-year-old National Peroxide Limited, a decade old Bombay Realty and many others.
GoAir currently operates 325+ daily flights and the airline has carried 80 million passengers since its inception in 2005.
GoAir flies to 36 destinations that include 27 domestic destinations namely Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Kannur, Leh, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Port Blair, Pune, Ranchi, Srinagar, Varanasi and 9 international destinations namely Phuket, Male, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuwait, and Dammam.
Speaking on the new launch, Jeh Wadia, Managing Director, GoAir, said, “With the introduction of flights to and from Doha, GoAir further consolidates its leadership position in the Gulf. I must share that our operations in the Gulf region have received an exceptional response and the launch of the Doha sector is in line with our aggressive growth plans.
Qatar and India have always shared a special bond that is built on friendship, business and diplomacy. GoAir’s new flights to Doha will fulfill the aspirations of job seekers as well as business travelers to leverage Qatar’s burgeoning economy.”
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
- SpiceJet announces daily non-stop flights between Jabalpur and Kolkata
- Flydubai suspends flights to Colombo amid economical and political upheaval
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala backed Akasa Air introduces employee-centric cabin crew look
New Delhi: Airlines major Air India launched its first-ever non-stop flight to London Gatwick, from Amritsar on Monday.
Singapore/NITN: Scoot, the low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines (SIA), announced that it will steadily resume flights to and from China buoyed by further relaxation of border restrictions imposed during the pandemic.
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.