NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Feb 2020, 10:17 am
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
Doha is GoAir’s first destination in the State of Qatar and the 6th in GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries. The Mumbai – Doha – Mumbai flights will commence from 19th March 2020.
GoAir is the aviation foray of 283-year-old Wadia Group that comprises leading brands including 101-year-old Britannia Ltd., 140-year-old Bombay Dyeing, 156-year-old Bombay Burmah, 65-year-old National Peroxide Limited, a decade old Bombay Realty and many others.
GoAir currently operates 325+ daily flights and the airline has carried 80 million passengers since its inception in 2005.
GoAir flies to 36 destinations that include 27 domestic destinations namely Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Kannur, Leh, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Port Blair, Pune, Ranchi, Srinagar, Varanasi and 9 international destinations namely Phuket, Male, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuwait, and Dammam.
Speaking on the new launch, Jeh Wadia, Managing Director, GoAir, said, “With the introduction of flights to and from Doha, GoAir further consolidates its leadership position in the Gulf. I must share that our operations in the Gulf region have received an exceptional response and the launch of the Doha sector is in line with our aggressive growth plans.
Qatar and India have always shared a special bond that is built on friendship, business and diplomacy. GoAir’s new flights to Doha will fulfill the aspirations of job seekers as well as business travelers to leverage Qatar’s burgeoning economy.”
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.