NITN | @notintownlive | 18 Oct 2020, 06:42 am
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Darbhanga, which was bagged by SpiceJet under UDAN II, will be the airline’s 13th destination under the Government of India’s Regional Connectivity Scheme and 55th destination on the airline’s domestic network.
SpiceJet will operate daily direct flights on the Delhi-Darbhanga, Bengaluru-Darbhanga and Mumbai-Darbhanga sectors starting Nov 8, 2020.
Ajay Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, SpiceJet, said, "I am delighted to announce the launch of our much awaited flight services to and from Darbhanga putting this key city on the country’s aviation map and making the upcoming festival season all the more special.
"Our new daily flights from Darbhanga from November 8 will connect the city with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru and further provide easy connections throughout our domestic and international network."
"As the country’s largest regional operator, providing air connectivity to the smaller towns of India has always been a top priority for SpiceJet and our latest addition couldn’t have come at a more opportune time for Bihar when thousands travel back home for Diwali and Chhath Puja.
"Darbhanga is a critical junction for the State which connects a large part of North Bihar with the rest of India and we are thrilled to be the first Indian airline to land at this key airport. Our Government has been making all possible efforts to connect the unconnected parts of India through UDAN and the development of Darbhanga airport is another major step towards this direction," he added.
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).