NITN | @notintownlive | 18 Oct 2020, 06:42 am
Gurugram/NITN: India's private airline SpiceJet on Monday announced the launch of daily flight services connecting Darbhanga with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Darbhanga, which was bagged by SpiceJet under UDAN II, will be the airline’s 13th destination under the Government of India’s Regional Connectivity Scheme and 55th destination on the airline’s domestic network.
SpiceJet will operate daily direct flights on the Delhi-Darbhanga, Bengaluru-Darbhanga and Mumbai-Darbhanga sectors starting Nov 8, 2020.
Ajay Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, SpiceJet, said, "I am delighted to announce the launch of our much awaited flight services to and from Darbhanga putting this key city on the country’s aviation map and making the upcoming festival season all the more special.
"Our new daily flights from Darbhanga from November 8 will connect the city with key metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru and further provide easy connections throughout our domestic and international network."
"As the country’s largest regional operator, providing air connectivity to the smaller towns of India has always been a top priority for SpiceJet and our latest addition couldn’t have come at a more opportune time for Bihar when thousands travel back home for Diwali and Chhath Puja.
"Darbhanga is a critical junction for the State which connects a large part of North Bihar with the rest of India and we are thrilled to be the first Indian airline to land at this key airport. Our Government has been making all possible efforts to connect the unconnected parts of India through UDAN and the development of Darbhanga airport is another major step towards this direction," he added.
- Air Canada resumes operations in Delhi after four months
- Etihad Airways announces special fares for travel from India as Abu Dhabi opens to fully vaccinated travellers
- Do not miss the limited period By One Get One Free offer from SriLankan Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines enhances connectivity to Sri Lanka from key Indian cities
- French low cost long haul airline offers limited number of discounted seats on New York-Orly route
- SriLankan Airlines uplifts largest vaccine consignment to Sri Lanka
- Amid students' rush, Air India to increase flight frequency to US from August
- SriLankan Airlines to resume flights to Moscow after 6-yr break
- Etihad Airways extends its 'Verified to Fly' travel document initiative globally
- AirAsia India operates with fully vaccinated crew on 9 flights across multiple metro sectors
New Delhi/NITN Air Canada resumed its flights to India after four months, the airline said in a tweet.
New Delhi/NITN: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has announced the commencement of its ten-day sale in India for travel to Abu Dhabi, following the UAE government’s recent announcement to remove the quarantine requirement for all vaccinated travellers arriving from abroad.
Kolkata/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, which has resumed flights to and from India, has announced a special limited offer to boost the number of travellers between the two countries.