NITN | @notintownlive | 21 Apr 2022, 07:42 am
Image Cr: www.flybreeze.com
Westchester: American startup airline Breeze Airways announced plans to add cross country flights from Westchester Airport to capture the suburban travel market.
On Wednesday, the fifth airline started by serial aviation entrepreneur David Neelman said eight new routes will be made functional with a few starting in June and others once the new flights come in during this fall.
The nonstop routes to be introduced include flights from Westchester to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Charleston, South Carolina; Savanna, Georgia; Norfolk, Virginia; and Jacksonville, Florida, according to media reports.
A one stop flight has also been added which would fly to New Orleans, according to media reports.
The introduction of new flights routes from Westchester are meant to satiate the demand of flyers from small cities.
Sharing the budget airlines strategy, Neelman said Breeze focuses on leisure travel while noting that business travellers look for airlines that offer high frequencies and recurrent flyer status.
Last Month, the Utah headquartered airline said it would double its network this year, CNBC reported.
Airbus 220 and 300s will be used for the transcontinental routes with 36 first class seats, reported CNBC.
The airline also plans to provide service from Bradley International Airport in Hartford to Las Vegas, making it the eight route from Connecticut, according to media reports.
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air to start domestic flights from Aug 7
- SpiceJet announces daily non-stop flights between Jabalpur and Kolkata
- Flydubai suspends flights to Colombo amid economical and political upheaval
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala backed Akasa Air introduces employee-centric cabin crew look
- SriLankan Airlines denies media reports on reducing Tiruchirappalli flights
- Indian hotel rooms aggregator OYO announces a free stay after 5 night stays
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.
Bengaluru: Hong Kong’s home airline will start twice-a-week direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong and beyond from Oct. 11.