NITN | @notintownlive | 21 Apr 2022, 07:42 am
Image Cr: www.flybreeze.com
Westchester: American startup airline Breeze Airways announced plans to add cross country flights from Westchester Airport to capture the suburban travel market.
On Wednesday, the fifth airline started by serial aviation entrepreneur David Neelman said eight new routes will be made functional with a few starting in June and others once the new flights come in during this fall.
The nonstop routes to be introduced include flights from Westchester to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Charleston, South Carolina; Savanna, Georgia; Norfolk, Virginia; and Jacksonville, Florida, according to media reports.
A one stop flight has also been added which would fly to New Orleans, according to media reports.
The introduction of new flights routes from Westchester are meant to satiate the demand of flyers from small cities.
Sharing the budget airlines strategy, Neelman said Breeze focuses on leisure travel while noting that business travellers look for airlines that offer high frequencies and recurrent flyer status.
Last Month, the Utah headquartered airline said it would double its network this year, CNBC reported.
Airbus 220 and 300s will be used for the transcontinental routes with 36 first class seats, reported CNBC.
The airline also plans to provide service from Bradley International Airport in Hartford to Las Vegas, making it the eight route from Connecticut, according to media reports.
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
- Vistara launches non-stop Mumbai-London flights, offering unmatched travel experience and connectivity
- IndiGo scales up international operations, lines up 174 weekly flights
- Air New Zealand implements passenger weight survey on international flights from Auckland
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.