NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Jul 2022, 02:43 am
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
Colombo: Flydubai's flights between Dubai and Colombo have been suspended until further notice, it was reported on Tuesday.
“Passengers who have booked to travel on these flights will be contacted and offered a refund," the Daily Mirror quoted the airline as saying.
The airline will continue to closely monitor the situation on the ground in Sri Lanka, where massive protests triggered by widespread shortages of essential commodities forced President Gotabaya Rajapaksa to flee the presidential house on Saturday.
Massive jet fuel shortage in Sri Lanka is forcing airlines to fuel up in other hubs before making the journey back.
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.