NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Dec 2022, 12:01 am
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
These new routes and frequencies will offer additional options for customers and make travel more accessible between central and southern India.
Vinay Malhotra, Head of Global Sales, IndiGo said, "The demand for air travel is on the rise, helping the industry bounce back to pre-covid levels.
"We are making continuous efforts to improve domestic connectivity and as part of our constant endeavor we are thrilled to announce the launch of new daily exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur and additional connecting flights between Coimbatore-Kolhapur via Bengaluru."
"We have been witnessing high demand for travel between Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu during the ongoing peak season and we identified these routes as per our customer needs.
"The addition of these flights will not only provide our customers with more options and improve accessibility, but also promote tourism, trade, and commerce in the states. We will strive to stay true to our promise of affordable fares, on-time performance, courteous and hassle-free service across a wide network," Malhotra added.
These flights will cater to pilgrims who are always on the lookout for affordable flying options.
Increased connectivity to Kolhapur will enhance the pilgrims’ accessibility to destinations such as Mahalaxmi Temple, Kopeshwar Temple, Shree Jyotiba Devasthan, Rankala Lake, Chhatrapati Shahu Museum, Maharaja's Palace, Binkhambi, and Ganesh Temple. Enhanced accessibility to Coimbatore will significantly reduce the time taken to reach tourist destinations like Vydehi Falls, Adiyogi Shiva Statue, Marudhamalai Hill Temple, Ayyappan Temple, Vellingiri Hill temple, Perur Shiva Temple, and Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park. Strengthening access to Bengaluru, the capital of Karnataka and center of India's high-tech industry would provide tourists with increased access to destinations like Cubbon Park, Nandi Hills, Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, Lal Bagh Botanical Gardens, Bengaluru Palace, Ulsoor Lake, and ISKCON Temple.
- Garuda Indonesia and Singapore Airlines forge strategic partnership to enhance travel connectivity and passenger experience
- Etihad Airways to launch Osaka flights, connecting culturally vibrant city to global network
- Akasa Air commences operations from Kolkata
- Air India and Vistara enter Interline Partnership
- Air India launches non-stop flight from Amritsar to London Gatwick
- Scoot will steadily increase weekly flights to and from China; will ramp up frequencies for summer travel demands
- IndiGo introduces exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur, additional flights from Coimbatore to Kolhapur
- Qantas connects Australia with Southern India directly with inaugural flight to Bengaluru from Sydney
- Cathay Pacific to commence direct flights from Bengaluru to Hong Kong
- Independence Day: OYO announces stays at slashed prices
Garuda Indonesia (GA) and Singapore Airlines (SIA) have announced their plans to establish a joint venture arrangement, aimed at strengthening their cooperation, expanding passenger capacity between Singapore and Indonesia, and offering customers more travel options between the two countries.
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.