NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Dec 2022, 12:01 am
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
These new routes and frequencies will offer additional options for customers and make travel more accessible between central and southern India.
Vinay Malhotra, Head of Global Sales, IndiGo said, "The demand for air travel is on the rise, helping the industry bounce back to pre-covid levels.
"We are making continuous efforts to improve domestic connectivity and as part of our constant endeavor we are thrilled to announce the launch of new daily exclusive flights between Bengaluru-Kolhapur and additional connecting flights between Coimbatore-Kolhapur via Bengaluru."
"We have been witnessing high demand for travel between Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu during the ongoing peak season and we identified these routes as per our customer needs.
"The addition of these flights will not only provide our customers with more options and improve accessibility, but also promote tourism, trade, and commerce in the states. We will strive to stay true to our promise of affordable fares, on-time performance, courteous and hassle-free service across a wide network," Malhotra added.
These flights will cater to pilgrims who are always on the lookout for affordable flying options.
Increased connectivity to Kolhapur will enhance the pilgrims’ accessibility to destinations such as Mahalaxmi Temple, Kopeshwar Temple, Shree Jyotiba Devasthan, Rankala Lake, Chhatrapati Shahu Museum, Maharaja's Palace, Binkhambi, and Ganesh Temple. Enhanced accessibility to Coimbatore will significantly reduce the time taken to reach tourist destinations like Vydehi Falls, Adiyogi Shiva Statue, Marudhamalai Hill Temple, Ayyappan Temple, Vellingiri Hill temple, Perur Shiva Temple, and Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park. Strengthening access to Bengaluru, the capital of Karnataka and center of India's high-tech industry would provide tourists with increased access to destinations like Cubbon Park, Nandi Hills, Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, Lal Bagh Botanical Gardens, Bengaluru Palace, Ulsoor Lake, and ISKCON Temple.
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
- Vistara launches non-stop Mumbai-London flights, offering unmatched travel experience and connectivity
- IndiGo scales up international operations, lines up 174 weekly flights
- Air New Zealand implements passenger weight survey on international flights from Auckland
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.