NITN | @notintownlive | 27 May 2023, 02:49 pm
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Antonoaldo Neves, the Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, expressed his delight at the introduction of flights to Osaka, highlighting the city's cosmopolitan nature and its rich heritage that visitors will have the opportunity to explore.
He also emphasized that the new route will not only bring tourists from Osaka to Abu Dhabi but also provide access to Etihad's expanding global network.
This new route aims to strengthen the trade and tourism connections between the countries and complement Etihad's existing Tokyo service, serving as an exciting gateway to the Land of the Rising Sun.
Osaka, known as the 'Kitchen of Japan,' offers an exceptional culinary scene featuring Michelin-starred restaurants and a diverse range of eateries serving delicacies like takoyaki (octopus balls), okonomiyaki (savoury pancakes), and sushi.
Apart from its gastronomic delights, Osaka provides visitors with the opportunity to immerse themselves in the city's historical ambiance by visiting Osaka Castle and experiencing the samurai era.
The vibrant Dontonbori district, with its dazzling neon-lit streets and abundant entertainment options, beckons travelers seeking an exhilarating experience. Moreover, shopaholics can indulge in retail therapy in the numerous shopping districts spread across the city.
Etihad Airways plans to operate the new route using a state-of-the-art Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Passengers will be able to enjoy the airline's renowned service, excellent catering options, and a wide range of onboard entertainment.
With the introduction of flights to Osaka, Etihad Airways aims to provide a seamless travel experience for both tourists and business travelers, while simultaneously strengthening the ties between Japan and the United Arab Emirates.
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
- Vistara launches non-stop Mumbai-London flights, offering unmatched travel experience and connectivity
- IndiGo scales up international operations, lines up 174 weekly flights
- Air New Zealand implements passenger weight survey on international flights from Auckland
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.