NITN | @notintownlive | 25 Jul 2022, 03:06 am
Kolkata: The Cathedral of the Most Holy Rosary, Burrabazar, Kolkata, held a special mass on Sunday conducted by the Vatican Nuncio to India and Nepal, Archbishop Leopoldo Girelli with Cardinal Charles Maung Bo, President of The Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences, Myanmar, the Archbishop of Calcutta Thomas D’Souza and Rev. Father Franklin Menezes, Pro-Vicar of The Cathedral of the Most Holy Rosary, and other dignitaries.
An inter-faith goodwill gathering to spread the message of humanity, peace and environmental awareness was held and was represented by eminent citizens professing Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Sikhism. Mr Prabhas Dansana, Principal Chief Operations Manager (PCOM), South Eastern Railway, was also present along with Mr Imran Zaki, Mr Satnam Singh Ahluwalia and others.
Cardinal Charles Maung Bo from Myanmar said, “It is great to see people of different faiths come together to share solidarity and support each other. Together we pray for world peace. We pray that the current global strife ailing humanity comes to an end.”
Sunday mass at The Cathedral of the Most Holy Rosary, Burrabazar, Kolkata, conducted by Apostolic Nuncio to India and Nepal, Archbishop Leopoldo Girelli, with others.
“I am thankful to my friends from different faiths for being with us here to spread the message of harmony and peace,” said Rev. Fr. Franklin Menzes.
Prabas Dansana, PCOM, South Eastern Railway, said: “It feels great to be a part of the inter-faith meeting which not only goes a long way to contribute to social harmony and peace but also represents India’s diverse religious heritage and peaceful co-existence of communities."
Rev. Fr. Franklin Menezes felicitated the Vatican Nuncio, Leopoldo Girelli, Cardinal Charles Maung Bo, Archbishop of Calcutta, His Excellency, Thomas D’Souza, Mr Dansana and others with floral bouquets. Mementos were shared by the representatives of inter-faith fraternity.
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation flags off literary journey in Ayodhya, unveils Anant Vijay’s book at the Kitaab event
- Vattikuti Foundation honours Dr Adeel Khan for pioneering liver transplant from deceased donor using surgical robot
- WFUNA Foundation India, Youth of India Foundation drive to boost renewable energy initiatives in Sikkim
- Kolkata: Knowledge Tree Learning Support Centre run by Calcutta SEED unveils classrooms for education of street children
- Chaltabagan Durga Puja festivities in Kolkata takes off amid dance and drum beats
- International Clown Festival by Prabha Khaitan Foundation sets off laugh riot for Kolkata children
- Annual Robotic Surgery Symposium: Three Indians among KS Robotic Surgery Video Contest Top 10
- Vattikuti Foundation led symposium in Belgium to attract over 100 robotic surgeons from 14 countries
- Vee Technologies adds fourth facility in Bengaluru
- Asansol Church in West Bengal gets a facelift; adds to the spiritual ambiance
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.